Facilities Specialist - Operations (R337651)
Job SummaryThe Facilities Specialist is responsible for the overall day-to-day facilities operations of assigned spaces throughout the Comcast Corporate Campus in downtown Philadelphia. Maintaining and overseeing the buildings and equipment to ensure that a workspace is safe and functional.
Job DescriptionJob Description
- Primary focus is to successfully oversee day-to-day facilities operations, projects, and vendors within assigned campus spaces. The individual will be successful in this function via work order management, process refinement, and relationship management with space owners and contracted vendors
- Manage assigned spaces through daily floor tours, project management, and vendor supervision
- Oversee assigned facilities vendors throughout campus and all other facilities related work within assigned spaces
- Manage full life cycle of work orders to ensure successful completion within in a timely manner
- Cultivate relationships with owners and representatives from assigned spaces through effective communication and process refinement
- Coordinate vendor logistics for all work within assigned spaces inclusive of repair and maintenance, improvement projects, and events coordination
- Coordinate facilities related event logistics within assigned spaces inclusive of submission of required insurance certificates and building security access forms
- Assist with projects including coordination with space owners, contracted vendors, and other Comcast departments; managing all related expenses including requesting proposals, collecting, and cataloguing quotes, and submitting final invoices; effectively setting, communicating, and achieving timelines
- Communicate department standard operating procedures with initiative to develop new procedures as needed
- Track project costs and receive expense approval for all quoted work
- Works with building management in coordinating maintenance work and repair of electrical, plumbing, and HVAC, as it relates to assigned spaces
- Ensures that buildings are in compliance with Company & OSHA Standards
- Willingness and ability to take on new department projects and assignments as assigned
- Oversee union contractors and outside vendors that are assigned
- Working in a fast-paced environment
- Assists with after-hours projects and on-call rotation
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedules, and overtime as necessary
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree Required
- 1-3 years facilities fundamentals and vendor management
- 2-3 years customer service
- Excel, Word, Power Point, Facilities Maintenance Ticketing
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.