Sr. Director, Data Science
Job SummaryThe Data Science team builds the end-to-end systems and tools that democratizes machine learning, and deploys solutions at scale to solve business needs and influence strategy. Sr. Director of Data Science defines and implements overall data science roadmap rooted in clear set of business deliverables at each stage. Provides leadership and direction for their team by incorporating broad business and domain knowledge along with technical expertise to address complex, business critical needs. Interprets business strategy and develops organizational objectives to align with this strategy. Typically manages multiple teams of professionals. You must have the ability to learn at rapid pace, gain strong business acumen with the ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders across the enterprise – analytics, data, marketing, digital, product, sales & service, finance, and technology to drive business results The team is composed of experts in AI, deep learning, data-structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and system performance and analysis. The systems that the team builds get used across the multitude of Comcast data science based services and deployments.
- Oversees development and usage of models & algorithms to address business problems and ensures that these tools are successfully deployed.
- Oversees budget to ensure required resources are available.
- Leads strategy planning and design with multiple departments to align departmental objectives to business goals.
- Develops and communicates goals, strategies, tactics, project plans, timelines and key performance metrics to reach goals for several functional areas.
- Defines the information, reporting and analytical needs of the company. Ensures goals, strategies and plans needed are developed to achieve the vision.
- Serves as strategic leader of multiple functional areas within the organization (e.g., marketing, operations, care etc.) that has rapport with senior leaders to achieve departmental objectives.
- Oversees multiple program teams that develop and provide customer, product and business operation insights and analysis to improve and enhance companywide decision making.
- Ensures the effectiveness of projects, programs and teams.
- Ensures the department implements and utilizes the industry best practices and technology required to provide insights, analysis and modelling for the company.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Professional Experience & Qualifications:
- Proven ability to articulate questions for technical and non-technical audience
- Proven experience with data science tools, technology and platforms.
- Diverse experience with ability to identify most appropriate techniques with a preference for driving business impact over technical amazement
- Deep expertise in supervised and unsupervised machine learning, modeling and algorithms with a strong focus on delivering use-cases and solutions at speed and scale
- Experience conceiving, implementing and continually improving machine learning data science projects and leading diverse data science teams through complex multi-stage projects
- The technical depth to guide a team of AI/ML experts in model evaluation, tuning and performance, operationalization and scalability of scientific techniques and establishing decision strategies
- Extensive background in translating technical findings into easy-to-understand deliverables rooted in use case applications that drive business adoption.
- Exceptional verbal and written skills and knack to interact with both technical and business partners by creating effective frameworks to aid discussion of complicated topics.
- An active listener, intellectually curious and conscious of voices that have not yet been heard.
- Cross functional team player with a 'can-do' attitude with a lean-forward bias to find opportunities and drive results
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.