Technical Program Manager 3 (R337099)
Job SummaryResponsible for the technical program management activities and alignment for strategic programs, coordinating among a wide range of cross-functional internal and external resources to ensure that programs are within the scope, within budget and on schedule, with guidance from senior staff member(s). Serve as the program lead for specific, defined multi-discipline technical programs or projects of greater than average complexity and scope. Responsible and accountable in the planning, development and delivery of new technical programs. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Understands the scope of technical programs as defined by the product and business requirements and the budget process. Actively participates in the key planning of program milestones drives alignment to these milestones. Uses specific knowledge about one or more technical areas to research, plan, communicate and achieve objectives through program/project team.
- Works to identify and obtain participation from required cross-functional core team members, including matrixed project managers. Oversees the team as they plan, track and execute project plans from start to completion.
- Creates program plans and program record. Works with the core team and senior staff member(s) to identify and schedule all the work required to fulfill program scope, including identification and management of critical path tasks.
- Assists in the development of key goals, objectives and success criteria for the program. Ensures clear communication and alignment with stakeholder and delivery teams.
- Recommends changes to improve the engineering process and to alleviate process inaccuracy and duplication.
- Supports the budget and resource forecasting exercises.
- Identifies and analyzes risks and issues while providing resolutions to a diverse range of complex problems.
- Tracks and manages the program schedule and task details included in the technical program plan. Analyzes the actual performance against the plan and makes adjustments consistent with plan objectives. Works with team to assist in action item resolution and track completion. Ensures program milestones are accomplished and ensures overall timelines are met. Documents all major plan changes in scope, approach and date delivery. Determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Communicates updates on major milestones and keeps all stakeholders informed of progress and issues. Works with senior staff members to manage proposed changes to program parameters and ensures appropriate processes and communications are followed. Works under normal supervision. Follows established directions.
- Monitors and ensures quality of program deliverables. Works with core team and key field resources to develop and monitor deployment schedule, strategies and tools to support the implementation of programs in the field through trials and controlled customer deployments.
- Delivers on commitments while demonstrating a high level of integrity and respect for all teammates and stakeholders.
- Consistent exercise of independent and collaborative judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.