Sr. Software Architect (R337677)
Job SummaryMember of a dedicated Software Architecture team, leading the design and building of modern application architectures, frameworks, and reusable components for use by multiple engineering teams. Responsible for promoting the use of industry and Company technology standards. Monitors emerging technologies/technology practices for potential use within the Company. Designs and develops updated infrastructure in support of one or more business processes. Helps to ensure a balance between tactical and strategic technology solutions. Considers business problems "end-to-end" – including people, process, and technology, both within and outside the enterprise – as part of any design solution. Mentors, reviews code, and verifies that the object-oriented design best practices and coding and architectural guidelines are adhered to. Identifies and drives issues through closure.
- Ensures programs are envisioned, designed, developed and implemented across the enterprise to meet business needs. Interfaces with the enterprise architecture team and other functional areas to ensure that most efficient solution is designed to meet business needs.
- Ensures solutions are well engineered, operable, maintainable and delivered on schedule. Develops, documents and ensures compliance with best practices including but not limited to the following coding standards, object oriented design, platform and framework specific design concerns and human interface guidelines.
- Tracks and documents requirements for enterprise development projects and enhancements.
- Monitors current and future trends, technology and information that will positively affect organizational projects; applies and integrates emerging technological trends to new and existing systems architecture. Mentors team members in relevant technologies and implementation architecture.
- Contributes to the overall system implementation strategy for the enterprise and participates in appropriate forums, meetings, presentations etc. to meet goals.
- Gathers and understands client needs, finding key areas where technology leverage is possible to improve business processes, defines architectural approaches and develops technology proofs. Communicates technology direction.
- Monitors the project lifecycle from intake through delivery. Ensures the entire solution design is complete and consistent from the start and seeks to remove as much re-work as possible.
- Works with product marketing to define requirements. Develops and communicates system/subsystem architecture. Develops clear system requirements for component subsystems.
- Acts as architectural lead on project.
- Applies new and innovative ideas to old or new problems. Fosters environments that encourages innovation. Contributes to and supports effort to further build intellectual property via patents.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.