Assistant Deputy General Counsel, Marketing
Job SummaryThe Assistant Deputy General Counsel, Marketing will be responsible for providing legal support for marketing, sales and product groups supporting residential and commercial customers, as well as support for the company’s in-house advertising agency. This role will report to the Deputy General Counsel.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review of marketing materials and supporting sales channels to ensure compliance with consumer laws including FTC dotcom disclosures, CAN-SPAM and TCPA regulations.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial contracts related to sales and marketing operations such as sponsorships, marketing, talent, and endorsement agreements.
- Provide legal counsel and support to one or more business units and/or the corporate headquarters. Counsel on a broad range of legal issues related to assigned area(s).
- Provide leadership in one or more legal specialties and disseminates information on trends and innovations within the specialty.
- Engage and direct outside counsel to undertake specific and complex work requiring the application of highly specialized legal knowledge.
- May oversee the completion of projects including planning; assigning, and monitoring; reviewing progress and accuracy of work; evaluating results, etc.
- Lead and provide guidance to legal staff including junior Attorneys, Paralegals, Contract Specialists and administrative staff, as required.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- JD degree from a Top Tier Law School with strong academic credentials. Licensed in one US jurisdiction and active membership in good standing in a state bar.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience advising on marketing and advertising issues.
- Experience in telecommunications, media and technology industries preferred.
- Law firm and in-house experience preferred.
Personal Traits & Competencies :
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Excellent negotiating, drafting, problem solving and communications skills.
- Understanding of risk assessment and analysis within the context of a growing, innovative technology industry.
- Ability to work effectively with senior management and operations personnel, simultaneously manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines with consistently high quality work product.
- Understand Comcast’s Operating Principles; making them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put Comcast’s customers first, giving them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and making them promoters of Comcast’s products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of Comcast’s game-changing technology, products and services, especially its digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect, embrace and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, Comcast’s customers, investors and its communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.