Manager 1, Finance & Accounting (R338409)
Job SummaryResponsible for managing day-to-day activities for the Finance & Accounting department. Oversees development and preparation of budgeting, forecasting and general reporting. Provides direct supervision to Finance & Accounting staff. Provides subject matter guidance to employees. Manages financial resources. Manages the capital requisition and reporting process, month-end close, capital budgeting and forecasting. Provides support and guidance to internal stakeholders. Leads team of Financial Analysts.
- Manages the capital month-end close process including variance analysis and communication of results to regional and division groups.
- Manages the capital requisition process
- Responsible for capital expenditure reporting and analysis
- Manages the monthly capital forecast and annual budgeting process
- Partners with internal customers / stakeholders to analyze business performance and contribute to decision-making and strategy
- Manages accounts payable and accounts receivable functions including collections, cash reporting and payroll processing.
- Maintains budgets and forecasts in Finance systems and provides Director with forecasts based on trends and statistical models.
- Prepares financial reports and coordinates month and year-end processes.
- Develops and utilizes financial models and analysis for Finance & Accounting staff.
- Hires, supervises, trains and develops Finance & Accounting staff.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.