Eng 4, Network Engineering (CORE Networks) (R340240)
Job SummaryResponsible for the advanced engineering, design, implementation, and operational support of the CORE networks in the Comcast Central Division markets. Provides expert-level technical advice and support for real time analysis, design, testing and operations of Optical Transport Networks to provide the best customer experience. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- In depth working knowledge of Nokia, Ciena, and other Optical transport network design and implementation a must. Knowledge of IP Networking technologies with specific implementations of Cisco, Juniper and Arista network devices is preferred. Certification in related areas is highly desirable.
- Provides technical leadership and directions as a primary technical resource on optical transport and IP network technologies.
- Designs networks to provide the highest network availability (Five 9s)
- Analyzes network design and traffic flows for network optimization and best customer experience.
- Configures networks to efficiently distribute traffic.
- Analyzes traffic data to forecast network capacity requirements and augment needs.
- Follows Engineering design life cycle with proper documentation ensuring that all detailed designs adhere to network standards.
- Develops test and acceptance criteria for Optical transport and IP networks
- Provides technical support for Optical transport and IP network problems.
- Provides technical training to team members and other operations/engineering groups on current and future technology.
- Builds and maintains ongoing relationships with the cross-functional teams at HQ, Division, regions, and local markets.
- Partners with design and construction teams to build fiber paths for, redundancy, optimal traffic flow, and meeting customer SLAs.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products, and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs, and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors, and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.