Manager, Product Development Engineering (R339458)
Job SummaryResponsible for recruiting, developing and managing a team of product development engineers. Designs, implements and sustains engineering of Company's applications and services. Manages team which may include exempt and non-exempt employees. Provides subject matter guidance to employees as required. Develops processes and procedures to drive department efficiencies, assist in development and meeting of, departmental budget.
The Technology, Product, Experience (TPX) organization works at the intersection of media and technology and our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products and next-generation technologies that transform the customer experience. The Comcast Network and CONNECTivity (CONNECT) organization is a highly agile, fast-paced, dedicated group at the forefront of change focused on innovating, building, and operating the best in class, most reliable access network for our customers.Overview of the Role:
- Manages the full life cycle product development to include analysis and planning related to product development, launch and deployment.
- Creates documents for architecture, design, technical requirements and service specifications. Presents architecture, design and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Demonstrates technical leadership and mentoring on the application of new technologies and system development methodologies.
- Monitors technical and engineering progress to ensure strategies, goals and objectives are met. Aligns operational plans with business objectives. Communicates changes to all affected personnel.
- Develops requirements to be used by the vendor community to develop solutions to meet Company application needs.
- Evaluates various architectural solutions and implementations.
- Establishes and maintains productive relationships with peer organizations and equipment and software vendors.
- Identifies trends, services and/or capabilities that may be beneficial to product offerings. Manages and forecasts resource needs to meet departmental objectives. Recommends action plans or solutions.
- Participates consultatively in the testing and certification process as needed.
- Ensures effective implementation of the department budget. Prepares financial statements and monthly forecasts and reports. Prepares and analyzes monthly financial performance and makes budget and new technology recommendations. Prepares direct reports.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our groundbreaking technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
We are determined to create an environment where our employees feel valued, understand our business goals, and are motivated.
Here's a look at just some of the perks and benefits we make available to our US-based employees:
- Medical & Dental
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Generous paid time off
- Life Milestones - from adoption assistance, childcare resources, pet insurance, and more, Comcast supports you at all life stages.
- Courtesy Services - We offer all of our full-time employees in serviceable areas free digital TV and internet.
- Discount tickets for Universal Resorts, including theme park tickets and onsite hotel rooms.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.Disclaimer:
This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
=== THIS POSITION IS INELIGIBLE FOR VISA SPONSORSHIP. TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE, YOU MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES AND NOT REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP FOR EMPLOYMENT NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. ===
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Pay Range: $107,271.82 - $160,907.73
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.