Engineer 4, Advanced Solutions Engineering-1
Job SummaryThis individual will be a primary contributor in making critical product development decisions on Comcast’s B4B ActiveCore product design team, specializing in Medium to Enterprise Business Class security, connectivity and managed services. This individual should have strong knowledge and practical hands-on experience with security products (NGFW/UTM) from Palo Alto and Juniper, specifically the Panorama and CSO management platforms. Fortinet and Versa security platform knowledge is a big plus as well. Also looking for good LAN/WAN networking experience, with SDN/VNF and cloud services a major plus. Experience with IXIA or Spirent testing platforms is a huge plus as well. This individual should have practical knowledge of managed security services for customer network implementations and have the ability to design complex networks based on the business requirements. Individual should have practical knowledge of large-scale enterprise network implementations in various industries, with experience in small business and branch office designs.
- Deep knowledge and practical experiences with Palo Alto (Panorama), Juniper SRX and CSO and Versa UTM technologies, implementation and operation.
- Experienced in firewall and security technologies, as well as general network engineering (TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, NAT, DHCP, ACLs, etc).
- Experience with centralized management of firewalls, including the administration of such management systems.
- Understand Wireshark packet capture and filtering to debug customer issues.
- It is desirable to have End-to-End experience deploying and supporting Fortinet/FortiGate, Palo Alto and other managed firewalls to customers.
- It is desirable to have experiences in Linux with scripting ability and API integration (Python, RESTful API, JSON).
- It is desirable to have experience in Software Defined Networks (SDN) and Virtual Network Functions (VNF).
- Extensive background in design and deployment of complex data networks in the Small to Midsize Markets highly preferred, including multi-site or branch connectivity for businesses.
- It is desirable to have virtual firewall experience with multiple vendors (Juniper, Palo Alto, Versa, Fortinet, etc).
- It is desirable to have experience in the cloud management systems like AWS, OpenStack and VMware vCloud, Network management products, OSS products and familiarity with industry standards.
- Analysis and verification of vendor technologies and feasibilities for new managed virtual firewall products, specifically with deep Palo Alto, Juniper and Versa UTM experience.
- Research, design, test and recommend new network devices and configurations to support Comcast B4B product requirements.
- Support functional testing, planning, testing executions and verify and track issues and resolve issues with vendors, such as Palo Alto and Juniper.
- Support product introductions of new security services for Comcast B4B services.
- Support high level designs and integration OSS systems of Service fulfillments, service activations, and services assurances functions for Comcast B4B services including managed security products, such as Palo Alto and Juniper.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.