Sr. Engineer, Supply Chain Engineering
Job SummaryWe are looking for an experience and motivated Supply Chain Engineer to join our team. As a Supply Chain Engineer, you will be responsible for leading all aspects of and handling company's overall supply chain and logistics strategy and operations in order to improve the process efficiency and productivity. You will craft and develop innovative logistics and management system solutions. You will work closely with very dedicated peers, leads from multi-functional teams, enterprise architects and product managers to evaluate and understand requirements, identify gaps and come up with the best ways to achieve the solution. This is a hands-on technical role which demands strong engineering capability with an eye on performance, scalability and quality and must be able to demonstrate all this in day to day working.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with project collaborators to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to resolve integration needs.
- Craft new software and web applications, supports applications under development and customizes current applications. Develop software update processes for existing applications. Assist in the roll-out of software releases.
- Train junior Software Development Engineers on internally developed software applications.
- Be responsible for the researching, writing and editing of documentation and technical requirements, including software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and reports.
- Keep current with technological developments within the industry. Supervise and evaluate driven applications and products. Review literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Assist with technical leadership throughout the design process and assists in mentorship with regards to practices, procedures and techniques. Serve as a guide mentor for Software Development Engineers.
- Assist in supervising and evaluating performance metrics. Ensure team delivers software on time, to specification and within budget.
- Work with Quality Assurance team to resolve if applications fit specification and technical requirements. Tests and evaluates systems, subsystems and components.
- Act as a technical contact and liaison for outside vendors and/or customers.
- Present and defend architectural, design and technical choices to internal and external audiences.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Be responsible for the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them detailed digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new insights.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Strong hands-on experience with Java, Python, Angular.
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases (experience with Oracle, MySQL and Redis a plus)
- Strong experience with Git and Github/Gitlab
- Experience with UNIX tools, basic scripting
- Strong ERP (Oracle EBS) experience, a plus
- Experience in Supply Chain, Retail, or related area
- We have a bias for action and outcomes
- We are agile and seek continuous improvement
- We take our work seriously, but don't take ourselves too seriously
- We are passionate about winning together
- We treat customers as partners rather than as tickets to be closed
- We value delivering usable solutions now and iterative refinement over holding out for a detailed solution later
The requirements are intended as a guideline only and it is not vital to meet them all. If you are a highly motivated person who is interested in jumping into something new and driving an adventurous program from start to finish, then you should apply.
- We value critical thinking, self-motivation, and the ability to be successful in an ambiguous and less-structured environment.
- We love people who are intellectually curious, use data to make decisions, innovate, elevate the performance of those around them, win as a team, and can express themselves thoughtfully.
- We want you to be passionate about delivering a phenomenal customer experience and understand how the work you drive connects to the customer.
- Outstanding business judgement demonstrating strong critical thinking complemented with a bias for action and execution/operational excellence.
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills and ability to synthesize data from multiple sources to drive data-driven decisions.
- Comfort working in an ambiguous environment, and the ability to build a program from scratch – setting your own plans, targets, objectives, and measurements.
- Ability to be “Hands on” – regardless of title, everybody in our team leads programs from top to bottom – meaning from senior executive level team member management down to detailed planning and information management.
- An engineering degree is not required, but you must have strong technical capability, passion for technology and innovation, and ability to connect with technical teams.
- Be proficient in industry trends including driven and market dynamics, and product and technology trends, especially in the Cloud space.
- Industry experience solving, investigating, and fixing production issues in large scale Cloud and/or hosted environments.
- Experience with software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required.
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our exciting technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Get results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products and next-generation technologies that transform the customer experience Technologies (CXT), led by Rick Rioboli, EVP and Chief Information Officer, and are responsible for the technology, systems and tools that support the customer lifecycle (sales, activation, billing, support, etc.), as well as employee-facing teams such as human resources, finance, and workplace information technology. These tools and systems are foundational to our ability to meet and exceed customer expectations and support an excellent employee experience.
Our vision is to be an authority in products, services and solutions which power and enable fabulous, connected customer experiences for Comcast and other organizations through a steadfast focus on clarity and collaboration.Disclaimer:
- This information has been crafted to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not crafted to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.