Principal II, Software Development & Engineering
Job SummaryResponsible for planning and designing new software applications. Analyzes, tests and assists with the integration of new applications. Oversees the documentation and software best practices of all development activities. Trains and mentors both technical and non-technical personnel. Assists with defining and tracking performance metrics. Provides guidance and support to other Engineers.
The Service Fulfillment & Assurance platform team is responsible for enabling services to customers, including High-Speed Internet data, XM, Voice, and Video LOB(S). The platform supports different capabilities to provision and activates services. In addition, it leads the complete lifecycle of the fulfillment procedures, including back-office and fallout management.
- Core Responsibilities
- Collaborates with project collaborators to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Designs and oversees new software and web applications, supports applications under development and customizes current applications. Develops software update processes for existing applications. Assists and coordinates in the roll-out of software releases.
- Trains and mentors software development engineers on internally developed software applications and software development best practices.
- Oversees the researching, writing and editing of documentation and technical requirements, including software designs evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and reports.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and provides guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior level Software Development Engineers.
- Assists in tracking; provides and evaluates performance metrics. Ensures team delivers software on time, to specification and within budget.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements. Tests and evaluates systems, subsystems and components.
- Leads project planning, resourcing, requirement analyzing and defining, detailed designing and deployment of feature or system.
- Presents and defends architectural, design and technical choices to internal and external audiences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Ability to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as vital.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience leading enterprise-level programs and projects.
- A greater understanding of Architecture and Design Principles
- Experience leading/managing application platforms on Amazon AWS cloud.
- Experience on Amazon AWS Platform Services to build a serverless platform with resiliency, security, and scalability in mind.
- Mentoring and leading an engineering team to a highly performant and effective team focused on the business and project outcome.
- Hands-on experience working with Java Spring-boot as well as Python Technology stacks.
- Familiarity with carrying out cloud migration strategies from legacy platforms to AWS public cloud.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be hard-working learners, users and advocates of our groundbreaking technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new insights!
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Get results and growth!
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
15 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.