Senior Manager, Data Engineering
Job SummaryTo excel in this role the person should be passionate about DevSecOps and empowering a team of elite Data Engineers to greater heights. Not only does this person need to understand the details of the SDLC process, but they need to play part Product Manager and strategic partner to the Data Engineering Domain Leads. The person in this role with also serve as a liaison with DX Engineering Architecture, Platform and Service&Ops teams, so they will need to be a proven phenomenal teammate and always look for the collective win.
The DX Data Engineering team operates within the larger TPX-CXT team to provide the right data, to the right place, at the right time so that the larger organization and business units can make the decisions that run the company on a day-to-day basis. Operating across the United States and around the globe, the data DX DE team produces data that is used by a wide spectrum of personas across the entire organization and internationally: from frontline sales agents to street facing subscriber numbers and from divisional analysts to the CEO and boardroom - and beyond! This role will provide critical support to the Data Product Verticals within Data Engineering by developing and supporting common frameworks (CI/CD, Vulnerability Scanning, Data Quality and more) that help improve the overall efficiency of the DE team. Additionally, this role will own the DE Center of Excellence and help the DE team along our DevSecOps journey while identifying and driving adoption of industry standard methodologies for Data Engineering.
- Is responsible for the planning and designing of software and web applications, including new programs, improvements and modifications.
- Provides mentorship to the Software Engineering team and other departments in identifying product and technical requirements. Serves as primary point of contact and liaison between Software Engineering and other teams.
- Advises implementation initiatives for new software products and applications. Coordinates software update process for existing applications and coordinates the roll-out of software releases.
- Leads all the deliverables to ensure adherence to deadlines, specifications and budgets. Implements performance metrics and prepares period reports and/or proposals. Monitors and supervises project progress and reports findings to leadership team.
- Ensures all engineers keep current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates driven applications and products.
- Provides leadership and direction to department personnel from lower-level managers to non-exempt employees.
- Runs cross-project communications.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as vital.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are encouraged to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Be responsible for the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them detailed digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be hard-working learners, users and advocates of our groundbreaking technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new insights.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Get results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been crafted to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not crafted to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.