Senior Director, Marketing Strategy - Comcast Business
Job SummaryResponsible for directing the overall marketing and sales effort in a multi-system environment as it relates to the deployment of new products, services and enhancements. Assists Marketing Vice President with business planning in the implementation of new product and service enhancements. Leads the Marketing team in preparing the department budget. Ensures that communication of current initiatives, promotions and campaigns are accurately, timely and effectively communicated to all appropriate personnel at all levels and departments. Serves as liaison between Region, Division, Corporate and system Marketing personnel to ensure that each group is informed of most recent product marketing developments and plans. Provides leadership and direction for diverse and complex functions. Contributes to the development of the organization's business strategy. Interprets business strategy and develops organizational objectives to align with this strategy. Typically manages multiple teams of professionals.
- Manages and directs Marketing team and ensures that production meets the budgeted level and meets program objectives including timely delivery of objectives.
- Ensures the competence and continuity of qualified marketing staff through optimum selection, training and development, appraisal and motivation techniques. Oversees the recruiting, hiring and evaluating of Marketing staff to ensure that the appropriate level of support is available and maintained.
- Serves as the department liaison and Subject Matter Expert to Engineering, field Marketing and Customer Service.
- Participates in strategic plan development and building of alliances with industry partners, networks etc. as needed to achieve product growth objectives.
- Oversees the development and implementation of core business, competitive and new product marketing plans and strategies to achieve all subscriber and revenue growth goals. Oversees the design, development and execution of analytical and statistical projects.
- Works to engage stakeholders in both the development and launch of marketing plans. Develops new ideas and communicates potential uses for analytics across the business. Consults with Marketing/Sales to identify, define, size and prioritize strategic analytics opportunities.
- Possesses the ability to understand financial metrics and apply them towards marketing plans for budget and margin assurance purposes. Communicates learning/recommendations and obtains buy-in from Sales, Marketing and senior leaders.
- Influences Sales channel incentives through offer strategy.
- Ensures the team is maintaining and improving ongoing marketing programs, analyses and reports.
- Demonstrates expertise in marketing and sales metrics, customer data, analytics, and articulating data driven recommendations that shape marketing execution.
- Provides guidance to local/external Analysts to ensure strategic alignment, effective use and development of resources.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.