Specialist, Upper Marketing Advertising
Job SummaryResponsible for contributing to the creative development of marketing materials for the Company's products and services. Works with other Marketing staff on conceptual development of campaigns and initiatives to meet business needs. May plan, develop and/or implement communications projects using a range of media. Provides support of Marketing, Public Relations, Advertising programs and internal communications. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Responsible for all TV/OLV, Radio/OLA Tagging. Understand and update team on varying offers/versions. Manage external agencies, legal review process, and final approvals prior to shipping creative.
- Responsible for versioning of all print tactics
- Reviews work for accuracy and ensures all creative adheres to legal requirements
- Help to manage research calendar to provide creative links and inputs for testing, competitive inputs, etc
- Help to support ad hoc advertising requests
- Traffic media as required
- Help develop monthly newsletters for customers and prospects
- Responsible to ensure that all assigned work meets deadlines
- Participates in the generation of creative and media briefs as part of the integrated planning process
- Cooperates and collaborates with other Comcast corporate and division teams to achieve company and business goals.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.