Job SummaryThe Principle Provisioner is a senior-level role responsible for the end-to-end provisioning of access, long distance, and data networking services at a customer location level. Responsibilities include working with internal and external business partners to strategically design and implement solutions that meet the needs of Masergy’s customers while optimizing network resources and costs. Responsible for delivery of all circuit facilities throughout the installation process, and providing network planning support for future network buildouts, network optimization and access planning. Furthermore this position is also response for stream lining/enhancing the Provisioning process through working with Provisioning and external groups. This position is response for documenting all Provisioning processes. In addition, this position is response for working with Sales on diversity project concerns on existing or future installs requiring Carrier research. Lastly, this position is responsible for deep dives into aging orders and research as needed by Management.
- Responsible for reviewing customer orders ensuring all the detailed information required creates a successful circuit implementation during the sales process. Participate in pre-sales meetings to provide expertise on the overall circuit delivery process, discuss the capabilities of various technologies and circuit delivery methods, and to provide information about what to expect when delivering circuits in specific parts of the world
- Responsible for ordering any requisite cross-connects or Smart Hands tickets to connect carrier circuits to the Masergy backbone
- Provide LOA/CFA documents to allow customers to connect to Masergy equipment at collocation facilities
- Work closely and effectively with Network Pricing Analysts to determine the most efficient and cost-effective methods by which to design and implement specific customer network solutions.
- Provide support for Service Implementation Managers, Sales Engineers and Global Account Managers during the service delivery process to address the needs of customers and local loop providers
- Proactively monitor and track a workload as designated by the manager and hold service providers accountable for meeting committed delivery schedules
- Document all order-related activities and status changes in the appropriate provisioning database to ensure all involved parties have access to the most current information pertaining to a specific customer order
- Ensure accurate FOC, DLR and demarc information is received on all orders and documented in the appropriate service delivery database. May translate technical information into a format suitable for customer consumption
- Coordinate people, processes and events related to construction activities undertaken by service providers to deliver new outside plant facilities to a customer location. Gather important details such as project plans, customer room-ready requirements, legal right-of-way documents, certificates of insurance and key milestone dates. Actively participate in all functions related to construction projects and coordinate resources as needed to ensure a smooth and timely project implementation
- Provide monthly analysis of all active orders and offer expert guidance related to expected circuit delivery dates
- Work with Network Cost Manager to ensure all access expenditures represent accurately in the appropriate provisioning database
- Drive partner carriers to deliver circuits ahead of schedule when possible, allowing Masergy to meet or beat customer expectations and provide a consistent source of customer satisfaction
- Provide post-installation support to Network Operations Technicians by working replacement circuits for chronic trouble tickets, opening tag and locate tickets, escalating to unresponsive service providers or providing expertise on specific circuit delivery methodologies related to troublesome circuits
- Provide network planning support for future network buildouts, network optimization and access planning activities
- Work with internal and external teams to streamline/enhance the Provisioning process
- Document the Provisioning Process and communicate all changes to the appropriate teams
- Point of contact for diversity issues with Sales. Management will assist as needed
- Work with Sales/NOC on one off issues to resolve customer outages or other customer issues.
- Additional duties as assigned
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.