Project Manager 3 (Advanced Solutions Group)
Job SummaryResponsible for managing the complete life cycle of a high volume of moderately-to-highly complex ethernet and SD-WAN installation projects for Comcast Business, including approval, planning, execution and closeout to ensure planned results are achieved on time. Develops budgets, timelines and ensures progress to plan, as well as tracks critical project achievements. Works with vendors and team to establish and achieve goals. Coordinates the activities of a cross-functional team including exempt and non-exempt employees. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience. Must be comfortable working a high-volume of complex projects and translating order processes into new processes. Role will be hybrid - employee is expected to report into their respective office (Naperville, IL; Centennial, CO; Philadelphia, PA; Mount Laurel, NJ) Tuesday - Thursday each week (Monday and Friday will be virtual).
- Provides research and assistance to leadership in the development and design of new projects for ethernet and SD-WAN order installation.
- Uses formal project management processes and tools to manage resources, budgets, risks and changes.
- Manages project status and information in the form of formal briefings, project update meetings and written, electronic and graphic reports. Provides status updates and reports to customers weekly.
- Develops, maintains and manages detailed project plans, action item registers and major milestone timelines for all assigned projects. Provides overall prioritization and director of work assignments, team resources etc. Monitor and creates project deliverables.
- Coordinates with other work streams, projects and initiatives which may impact successful completion of project. Works closely with cross-functional teams to hit project deliverables.
- Manages all assigned projects to completion ensuring on-time delivery, meeting of budgetary demands and maintaining overall project ownership.
- Acts as a single point of contact for project status. Maintains communication with stakeholders.
- Facilitates project meetings.
- Addresses problems through risk management and contingency planning and presents solutions and/or options to executive management. Ensures effective implementation of solutions/changes.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Pay Range: $73,949.20 - $110,923.80
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.