Sr. Research Engineer, Machine Learning
Job SummaryThe Comcast Applied AI & Discovery organization is seeking a team member to research and implement new detection capabilities for use within our Media Analysis Framework (MAF). You will rely on your experience in natural language processing and machine learning to extract insightful metadata from the video. You will work closely with other researchers and engineers to create algorithms for video analysis at scale. Additionally, you’ll ensure that your components are well-tested, production-ready, and performant at scale. A master’s or PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline is desired. Experience with natural language processing in multiple languages, including machine translation, is also desired. Responsible for identifying complex problems and developing and deploying novel prototypes and algorithms to solve them. Improves accuracy and functionality of algorithms and understands the overall implications of the entire machine learning frameworks. Translates application requirements into problem statements. Analyzes and evaluates solutions both internally generated as well as third party supplied. Develops novel ways to solve problems and discover new products. Provide guidance and leadership to more junior researchers. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Guides the successful completion of programs that identify patterns and make decisions with minimal human intervention. Determines the technical objectives of an assignment. Leads the design of prototypes, partnering with the product team and other stakeholders through development. Conducts studies to support product or application development.
- Designs and implements end-to-end solutions using optimization and other advanced computer science technologies and owns live deployments. Aggregates huge amounts of data and information from large numbers of sources to discover patterns and features necessary to automate analytical models.
- Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements, including evaluation plans, confluence pages, white papers, presentations, test results, technical manuals, formal recommendations and reports. Contributes to the company by creating patents, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and other intellectual property.
- Presents papers and/or attends conferences, as well as displaying leadership in these areas.
- Tests and evaluates solutions presented to the Company by various internal and external partners and vendors. Completes case studies, testing and reporting.
- Collaborates with teams outside of immediate work group. Represents the work team in providing solutions to technical issues associated with assigned projects.
- Mentor a diverse team of junior engineers in machine learning techniques, tools and concepts. Provides guidance and leadership to more junior engineers.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.