CCIP Intern - Business Analytics Internship (Central Division)
Are you an innovative, forward-thinker who would like to make an impact within the telecommunications industry? Comcast’s Central Division is seeking dynamic, self-motivated interns who have a strong passion to drive the age of innovation during an immersive summer experience with us!
Our 11-week paid internship program gives interns hands-on experience working with various groups across multiple office locations within Comcast’s Central Division. As a member of the team, you will gain invaluable knowledge of the industry, be a part of our diverse and welcoming culture, and receive exposure to other areas of the business.
Your experience will also include:
- Engagement & Exposure: Creativity, ingenuity, and innovation is the name of the game! As you get an inside look into the day-to-day operations of a cutting-edge media and technology company, you’ll work on creative, innovative, and thought-provoking projects with various business units. With many exhilarating experiences built into one internship, you will have the opportunity to take center stage and showcase your summer projects during the final Intern Showcase.
- Professional Development & Fun: You will have the opportunity to network with fellow interns through social activities, community building, and Intern Experience Days. Our 11-week internship program maintains a strong focus on professional growth and development. Interns will have the opportunity to be a part of a multitude of professional development sessions over the course of their summer. Through ULearn activities, like speaker series and skill-building workshops, you will jump-start your professional development. In addition, collaborative activities with your cohort of interns and networking opportunities with senior leaders will all be major aspects of the summer program.
Business Analytics interns will assist full time project coordinators and managers on a variety of projects within the business. Prepare to be engaged in thought-provoking projects, experience a cutting-edge organization from the inside, gain professional development skills and have access to a wide range of mentorship and networking opportunities.
This exciting opportunity in a fast-paced environment will help execute significant projects within the business; it requires exceptional organizational skills and a “customer-first” mindset to succeed.
You may also:
- Conduct analysis based on provided requirements, utilizing large datasets and complex business requirements that typically involves multiple analytical techniques to drive meaningful change on KPIs and objectives established by the stakeholder
- Analyze data and results impacting customers
- Gather data through basic SQL or relational database querying, understanding what is necessary for scripts to return relevant data and incorporating basic performance tuning and best practices
- Produce collection of reports, graphs, summaries, and presentations that convey analytic results in an easy to understand and storied manner and align with business needs. Maintain a focus on flow and context, ensuring analysis provides insights that tie to visuals and speaks to drivers and business strategy shifts where appropriate.
- Develop appropriate visuals for standard KPIs, recommending the best platform and design to answer the business need
- Recommend updates to strategies based on data insight and KPI performance
- Work collaboratively with other team members to execute analytical and reporting initiatives
- Work with teams to analyze current reports and processes and design a strategy for the adoption of best practices
- Review and polish analysis through iterative development, focusing on word choice, grammar and brand standards as well as participating in peer reviews
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree from a United States-based college or university
- Authorized to work in the United States of America
- Ability to work a minimum of 35 hours per week over 11 weeks
- Strong interest in the telecommunications, cable, and media industries
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance
- Ability to work independently and in group settings
- Prior business exposure through internships, work experiences, or campus organizations
- Prior exposure to the business analytics field through internship or work experience
- Currently pursuing a major in: Business, Business Analytics, Information Sciences, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field
- Basic SQL and/or Teradata
- Basic Tableau and/or Power BI
- PowerPoint/Think-Cell and Excel
- Basic understanding of Data Models
- Atlanta, GA
- Chicago, IL
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Relevant Work Experience
Base Pay: $27.00
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.