Comcast Cybersecurity: Senior Cybersecurity Engineer -100% Remote
Job SummaryThe Endpoint Cybersecurity team is looking for an Engineer with an analytical mind and detailed understanding of Cybersecurity methodologies. This strategic focused cybersecurity role is to assess and implement Endpoint Security protection and visibility for modern technologies to protect Comcast endpoint systems against potential threats from cyberspace adversaries. The successful candidate will own the the technical requirements and solutions and act as the subject matter expert for Endpoint visibility across the workforce, datacenter, and cloud environments. The role includes industry research and recommendations to executive leadership with a focus on internal product ownership and strengthening visibility across the enterprise and production environments.
The Technology, Product, Experience (TPX) organization works at the intersection of media and technology and our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products and next-generation technologies that transform the customer experience.
Focused engineer who enjoys building a deep understanding of the needs of the organization and delivering features that directly address their needs
Analyzes business needs and technical feasibility based on current technology architecture, and develops and documents strategic, cost-effective business and technical solutions.
Design-review solutions to ensure best practices, avoid performance bottlenecks and identify improvements to our workflows.
Familiar with automation and API integrations to provide simple solutions in a complex environment.
Ability to rapidly grasp modern technologies and abstractions and apply them in a meaningful way
Refining toolsets and contributing to improvements to process and delivery frameworks.
Building partnerships with other security engineers and working collaboratively with your team and stakeholders to meet shared objectives.
Experience Familiar with Zero Trust architectures in addition to zero trust best practices.
Scope includes all endpoints primarily Linux, Windows and MacOS in an environment that includes physical and virtual devices.
Build dashboards to provide visibility, and UI to empower users and admins with self-service capabilities
Experience with osquery and other opensource endpoint solutions.
Experience with Vulnerability Scanning software (Qualys, Prisma Cloud, etc.)
Working knowledge of issue trackers (Jira, ServiceNow, etc.)
Support-level experience with AWS Services is a plus.
Exposure to Container Security and cloud-native technologies.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
We are determined to create an environment where our employees feel valued, understand our business goals, and are motivated.
Here's a look at just some of the perks and benefits we make available to our US-based employees:
- Medical & Dental
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Generous paid time off
- Life Milestones - from adoption assistance, childcare resources, pet insurance, and more, Comcast supports you at all life stages.
- Courtesy Services - We offer all of our full-time employees in serviceable areas free digital TV and internet.
- Discount tickets for Universal Resorts, including theme park tickets and onsite hotel rooms.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.Disclaimer:
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.