Enterprise Sales Engineer
Job SummaryResponsible for providing specific product and/or technical knowledge, advice and support to Sales Representatives and customers. Works as a collaborative member of the sales team to market and sell the Company's product lines. Provides insight to customers on current network situations. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Performs needs analyses for the Company and its customers and produces strategic, cost-effective solutions.
- Provides timely, technical support and problem resolution for field service questions.
- Supports Sales team with product modifications and engineering expertise for custom projects.
- Assists representatives and customers in evaluating and selecting products.
- Creates, reviews and executes product test plans and cases, documents test progress and reports results.
- Recommends products to meet customer needs.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- overall knowledge of the OSI model including all layers 1-7
- Strong knowledge on Layer 2 Switching and Layer 3 Routing, the differences, and pros and cons of each
- Experience on traffic steering policies including QoS and CoS and their effect on network performance
- understanding on the various WAN technologies including Ethernet, MPLS/VPLS, IP/VPN, SDN and the various transport mediums
- Knowledge on voice technologies including Trunking/VoIP/Hosted Cloud/Microsoft Teams/WebEx
- Understanding of Cybersecurity, attack threat vectors, DDoS, UTM, and mitigation strategies and cloud architecture
- Business acumen and professional strong dialogue, listening, communication and presentation skills, customer facing experience required
- Strong in Microsoft visio design development and explanation of solution to customer.
- Preferred Certifications to include Cisco, Microsoft, Carrier Ethernet, Security, Citrix
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.