Engineer 2, Software Development & Engineering
Job SummaryResponsible for planning and designing new software and web applications. Edits new and existing applications. Implements, testing and debugging defined software components. Documents all development activity. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
What makes Comcast special? It's people!
Ready to grow your abilities? Want to use groundbreaking technology?
Hope to be a mentor in the future?
Then this role is for you!
- SQL or NoSQL experience
- Analyzes and resolves integration needs.
- Evaluates and plans software designs, test results and technical manuals.
- Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Programs new software, web applications and supports new applications under development and the customization of current applications.
- Edits and reviews technical requirement's documentation.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to resolve if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Understands engineering methodologies, concepts, skills and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays an ability to apply, process design and redesign skills.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of project management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Flexible to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Be responsible for the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them flawless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our services.
- Know your stuff - be hardworking learners, users and advocates of our pioneering technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new insights.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Get results and drive growth.
- Respect and promote Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Pay Range: $83,551.19 - $125,326.79
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.