Job SummaryResponsible for leveraging internal and external data to provide insights and information which supports a facts-based decision making process. Provides input into strategy, analysis methods and tool selection. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Develop and deploy predictive models based on historical data that provide future predictions about customer behavior.
- Develop data mining, machine learning, statistical and graph-based algorithms designed to analyze massive data sets for business insights and partner with the data engineering team to ensure proper implementation and usage of algorithms.
- Review and approve methodologies used for advanced analysis projects (predictive models, clustering/segmentation, etc) by junior team members and others.
- Involve in complex projects using wide breadth of data sciences and advanced techniques.
- Manages the review, revision and maintenance of existing internal procedures to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Determine appropriate methods, prove viability of selected method and educate internal teams as to the analytical foundation.
- Use analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data, extracting actionable insights using advanced statistical techniques such as data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, and machine learning techniques and statistics (e. g., predictive models, LTV, propensity models).
- Involve in large scale projects that utilize online & offline data, structured & unstructured data, set top box data (media/behavioral/attitudinal) to build customer centric models and optimization tools.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work in variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience building and running stable, scalable pipelines to structure and to integrate Big Data.
- Experience with elastic storage and categorizing data in a Data Lake repository
- Experience with designing, building, and deploying MLOps pipelines
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.)
- Strong analytic and algorithmic skills
- Experience using machine learning algorithms to catalog data preferred
Desired Technical Experience
- Knowledge of a variety of techniques and when/how to apply to problems: Statistical modeling, machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing, data mining, reinforcement learning, etc.;
- Developing repeatable, dynamic & scalable models that are seamlessly incorporated into data analytic products;
- Building and running stable, scalable pipelines for large scale data
- Hands-on development experience in Java/Scala/HBase/Kafka/Spark/Python
Education and Experience
- Master's degree required. PhD in a quantitative field preferred.
- Generally requires 2+ years related experience.
- Intermediate to Expert level proficiency with statistical probabilistic modeling techniques such as regression, tree-based methods (Random Forest, GBM), neural networks, support vector machines, supervised/unsupervised clustering techniques (k-means, DBSCAN, Expectation Maximization), principal component and factor analysis, etc.
- Expert working within enterprise data warehouse environments platforms (Teradata, Netezza, Oracle, etc.) and working within distributed computing platforms such as Hadoop and associated technologies such as SQL, HQL, MapReduce, Spark, Storm, Yarn, Kafka, Sqoop and Hive.
- Expert in at least one programming language such as Python, R, Scala, Julia, C#, Java, C++.
- Ability to explain complex statistical problems and solutions to laymen.
- Has a good understanding of overall business, including financial acumen, ability to convert complex data into insights and action plans, demonstrated in-depth understanding of predictive modeling life cycle and architects projects through implementation.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Pay Range: $87,898.92 - $131,848.38
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.