Cloud-native application developer - Microservices
Job SummaryWe are a Fortune 100 technology enterprise -- a dynamic collective of skilled, passionate people learning and employing leading-edge technologies. We deliver the best in TV, Internet, voice, mobile, and home management solutions. Our Tagging and Preference management team is focused on delivering multi-tenant, distributed, cloud-native, scalable, and highly performant products to the customer, account, location, device, and preference data in compliance with security and privacy practices. We use the latest tools and technologies to enable hundreds of millions of daily transactions. And we do it through an inclusive culture -- one that prizes diversity, inclusiveness, and equity as integral to our growth. We are looking for creative, hard-working individuals who thrive in a collaborative, kinetic environment. If you are looking to further your own career and skill sets, we may be the team for you. How do YOU fit into the Future of Awesome? Our team seeks a motivated top-tier java, spring cloud developer to help develop cloud-native micro-services for Comcast’s residential and commercial customers.
With us, you will apply breakthrough technologies – including a range of services such as Spring cloud, DynamoDB, Redis, Lambda, Cloud Foundry, API gateway, Concourse, Kinesis, Time series/NOSQL databases, GraphQL, elastic search, and S3 -- to design and establish new functionality for tens of millions of customers. You will use all the skills you have and develop countless more, in partnership with highly adept, highly diverse colleagues.
- Collaborates with project partners to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to resolve integration needs.
- Crafts new software and web applications to support applications under development and customize current applications. Develops software update process for existing applications. Assists in the roll-out of software releases.
- Trains junior Engineers on internally developed software applications.
- Is responsible for the researching, writing, and editing of documentation and technical requirements, including evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals, and formal recommendations and reports.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates driven applications and products. Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and mentorship about practices, procedures, and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior-level Software Development Engineers.
- Assists in supervising and evaluating performance metrics. Ensures team delivers software on time, to specification, and within budget.
- Displays expertise in knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, and skills and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences. Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Ability to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s), and overtime as vital.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Lead the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be hardworking learners, users and advocates of our ground-breaking technology, products and especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Get results and drive growth.
- Respect and promote Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.