Tech Intern - Software Engineer Intern (TPX)
Job SummaryThis job code is to be used for internships and co-ops. It is not to be used for temporary or contract workers.
Comcast Internship Program
Discover opportunities designed to set your career in motion- Our 11-week summer program will help you cultivate meaningful relationships, develop strong interpersonal and business skills, gain exposure to the day-to-day operations of a Fortune 40 media and technology company, and receive mentorship opportunities to expand your professional network.
What organization will you be a part of?
Comcast’s Technology, Product & Experience (TPX) organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Intern Job Description
Are you passionate about digital media, entertainment, and software services? Do you like big challenges and working within a highly motivated team environment?
As an Software development Intern on the Billing & Payment team, you will have opportunity to learn and work with state of art technology , explore business process flow of media and communication. We are a team that thrives on big challenges, results, quality, and agility.
Who will the intern work with?
SDE engineers are positioned between the core infrastructure development teams and daily operations teams. We work with network engineers, systems administrators, software engineers, and a pile of technically-adept-but-not-actually-technical product folks. The SDE team is a diverse collection of software engineers, systems administrators, network administrators, puppet developers, and quality assurance engineers from all walks of life. We’re a group of experienced technical minds who are the last word when it comes to solving problems encountered by our production support teams.
What are some interesting problems the intern will work on?
In your role, you will bridge the gap between development and operations. Trace defects through a cutting edge service oriented architecture to find root cause. Develop scripts and utilities to automate data collection from hundreds or thousands of nodes. Query big data stores (splunk, hadoop, memsql) to quantify the scope of reported issues. Create new metrics and identify monitoring deliverables to improve site reliability. Evaluate new code releases for basic reliability and systems integration support, providing guidance to QA teams who will perform functional and load testing.
Where can this intern make an impact?
You’ll be working with the best and brightest minds in Comcast while we roll out the video delivery infrastructure that will power the next generation of television. Success in this role is characterized by a higher speed to market, with fewer customer-facing defects and outages.
Intern responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Engage in design/development/maintenance of given project
- Work with business stake holder to understand / explain problem statement
- Design, develop and deploy system enhancements
- Troubleshoot and determine root cause and resolution for application defects
- Ensure bug free code : Use testing and debugging methodology available/appropriate .
- Follow Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to complete design & development tasks.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms
- Understanding of OOP concepts and SOLID Principles
- Strong coding, debugging, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate understanding of at least one programing language and relational databases
- Familiarity with one or more of the following:
- Java, C,Java Script, Python, J2EE, Web Services, HTTP, SQL, Linux, Unix, Perl, Oracle, AIX, Windows
Minimum Qualifications and Eligibility Requirements
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from a United States-based college or university
- Rising Junior or Rising Senior with an anticipated graduation date of December 2023, Spring 2024, December 2024 or Spring 2025.
- Returning to degree-program (for at least a semester) after the completion of the summer internship
- Authorized to work in the United States with no current or future sponsorship needs
- Available to work 40 hours per week over the course of the summer program
- Recommended GPA: 3.0 (candidates will be evaluated on overall skills, education, and experience)
- Comcast is an Affirmative Action/EEO employer M/F/D/V
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Relevant Work Experience
Base Pay: $32.00
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.