Job SummaryThis job code is to be used for internships and co-ops. It is not to be used for temporary or contract workers.
Comcast Internship Program
Discover opportunities designed to set your career in motion- Our 11-week summer program will help you cultivate meaningful relationships, develop strong interpersonal and business skills, gain exposure to the day-to-day operations of a Fortune 40 media and technology company, and receive mentorship opportunities to expand your professional network.
What organization will you be a part of?
Comcast’s Technology, Product & Experience (TPX) organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. Teams work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. Our VOD Center of Excellence team is within the Comcast’s Technology Solutions organization that is responsible for the integrity, availability, understanding and communication of Video On Demand (VOD) and Instant Video On Demand (IVOD) workflow and system processes to solve customer, operational and business problems which we know to be critical to organizational success.
Intern Job Description
Our VOD Center of Excellence team owns three user interfaces including one that goes by the name of VOD Data Mart (VDM) that helps to collect all the data that’s spread out amongst Comcast to see the overall, detailed status of a VOD assets containing media, provider & product details. The Comcast Business, Operations, Management as well as MSO’s, Videotron, Rogers, COX, Shaw and SKY use this VOD Data Mart tool on a daily basis to monitor content that is available to their customers. It would be great to have someone help continue to build our project/tool with our already established team. You will be working on the team to enhance and further build our VOD Data Mart product by handling various infrastructure and system configuration needs while participating in design and architecture sessions, optimizing existing user interface designs, prototyping new ideas and identifying features that users love. You will be working on creative, innovative, and thought-provoking projects within various business units at Comcast during your internship experience.
Who will the intern work with?
The VOD Center of Excellence team of thirteen was established in 2016 and has since continued to grow with today’s fast-paced world of data. Based at the Comcast Technology Solutions headquarters in Philadelphia, we are innovative problem solvers that support collaboration and open communication with 9-5p ET working hours under the “VOD Content & Streaming Provider Solutions” umbrella. Our days consist of daily technical briefings and implementation, striving to project delivery enhancements and fulfill user interface improvements while fueling technology evolution.
What are some interesting problems the intern will work on?
There is a high demand for integrating with numerous data ingest tools into our applications so it can become the single source of truth for all things Video on Demand. We will expect our candidate to be a great team player - building the VOD DataMart (VDM) has thus far been very much a team effort; requiring excellent problem solvers with the ability to provide technical input to key components of the tool.
Where can this intern make an impact?
Our projects have a lot of potential to solve some very high-level Video On Demand (VOD) data ingest related issues thus gaining high level visibility, which ties back to the organization goal of improving the Customer Experience. Having an extra person to work on our team would immensely help us push it forward. The candidate will also have a great opportunity to learn VOD workflow and gain functional and technical expertise along the way. There is much to be done - the assignment opportunities to be a part of this awesomeness are endless!
As a Front-End UI Developer Intern, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Actively participates in team meetings, providing accurate and complete status updates
- Create wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps prototype and screen flows
- May virtually shadow a higher-level engineer or participate in a functional rotation to learn more about operations.
- Assist in maintaining quality and ensure responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features
- Gain exposure with deploying, administering, troubleshooting enterprise applications
- Has knowledge of engineering concepts, skills, and knowledge of their application
- Can quickly learn the development and production environment of the team
- Ability to get the local project stable, code/test a change, and create unit tests
- Willing to learn how to integrate with the rest of the team’s work, deploy the change into production and validate changes
Minimum Qualifications and Eligibility Requirements
- Major: Engineering Technology, Information Technology, Software Engineering or related field
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from a United States-based college or university
- Rising Junior or Rising Senior with an anticipated graduation date of December 2023, Spring 2024, December 2024 or Spring 2025.
- Returning to degree-program (for at least a semester) after the completion of the summer internship
- Authorized to work in the United States with no current or future sponsorship needs
- Available to work 40 hours per week over the course of the summer program
- Recommended GPA: 3.0 (candidates will be evaluated on overall skills, education, and experience)
- Comcast is an Affirmative Action/EEO employer M/F/D/V
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Relevant Work Experience
Base Pay: $32.00
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.