Senior Engineer, Software Dev & Engineering
Job SummaryAs part of the Syndication Solution Architecture & Technical Integration team, you are a senior member of a team responsible for integrating Comcast products & technology with large Cable MSOs’ systems across North America, Europe, and Asia/Pacific regions. You will design and develop the best tools, processes, and software solutions and monitor emerging technologies and technology practices for potential use within the team and company to meet the needs of the Syndication business. You will be provided with an opportunity to work with cutting edge cloud technologies while interfacing with other Comcast teams and Comcast partners.
Are you passionate about digital media, entertainment, and software services? Do you like big challenges and working within a highly motivated team environment?
We are looking for an outstanding engineer within the CTS (Comcast Technology Solutions) organization who will work closely with TPX (Technology, Product & eXperience) Engineering and program delivery teams that are responsible for delivering new products and functionality to partner providers. We are a team that thrives on big challenges, results, quality, and agility.
Who does the Senior Software Engineer work with?
You will work closely with the TPX Engineering team, the CTS Program Delivery team and the CTS Operational Readiness team to deliver features and capabilities to our Syndication partners. You will also interact heavily with the internal Comcast engineering & Operations teams as part of the new feature development and release process for our partners. You will coordinate with syndication partner technical contacts to coordinate their testing and answer questions about the new features.
What are some interesting things you will doing?
- You will support our internal technical trials process that enables us to ship new features to our commercial customers.
- Bug/Incident management
- Issue replication, troubleshooting, documentation
- Communicating findings with engineering team (e.g. steps to reproduce, customer impact, environment configuration)
- Working in our equipment test lab to simulate customer environments to reproduce trial issues
- Able to perform effective Incident Management from incident start through resolution, partnering with Engineering to identify changes needed to meet the product requirements, and drive rigorous Problem Management to follow through on action items.
- Fosters and encourages a culture of clear and precise communication, continuous improvement, and employee engagement
- Responsible for providing technical integration support for system architectures and solutions that enable many of our new and existing innovative products.
- Responsible for introducing new features into syndication partner’s environments, analyze issues that arise and coordinate with Architecture and development engineering to resolve the issues.
- Must be able to support systems that span across web services, backend shared common components, and critical cloud services.
- The role will also assist with testing and operational activities. Knowledge of business and functional priorities and acting as a key contributor in a complex and critical environment is essential.
- Develops strong working partnerships built on responsiveness and mutual accountability, with leaders inside and outside of the organization
- Regularly review and understand upcoming changes with an eye toward possible conflicts, process issues or necessity for extra vigilance.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.