Job SummaryComcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast. Are you interested in solving natural language problems that involve speech and text utterances from millions of customers and hundreds of thousands of video content? Do you have experience in building large-scale speech, NLP and machine learning systems? Do you want to conduct industry-leading applied research to create voice assistants to help millions of households interact with video and music content on their TV, PC, Phone, and Mobile devices as well as troubleshoot problems without human intervention? If yes, come join the he Comcast Applied AI & Discovery organization. We are an innovative research group within Comcast's Technology & Product organization with offices in Washington, DC, Silicon Valley, Philadelphia, Denver and Chicago that does groundbreaking research to support the development of novel Deep Learning, Speech and Natural Language Processing based products for Comcast's 22+ Million consumers.
- Drives issues through closure engaging all appropriate resources. Leads technical bridges and provides troubleshooting direction. Provides guidance and recommended solutions to complex technical issues.
- Acts as an advocate for Engineering Operations procedures, policies and processes. Ensures projects are fully integrated into the operations environment including lifecycle problem management from front line CARE through Engineering.
- Creates data and metric systems to track operational workflows; maintains records of results and feedback. Analyzes data and metrics, identifies problem areas and provides actionable insight to management.
- Provides input to engineering and vendors on defects and required enhancements. Attains all relevant industry standard technical certifications.
- Reports performance related to operations and project status to management. Identifies and recommends areas requiring change or modification.
- Performs complex and routine maintenance tests for designated areas of engineering. Identifies and isolate issues. Ensures that all maintenance is properly validated to minimize subscriber impact to (ideally) zero.
- Serves as team lead on multiple projects, often spanning different engineering disciplines within the organization.
- Leads the integration of projects into operations including instrumentation, automation, standardization and methods/procedures.
- Expert knowledge and application of project management skills, process design and redesign skills.
- Applies advanced engineering methodologies in one or more engineering areas.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.