Job SummaryResponsible for planning and designing internal communications network. Plays an important role in the testing and certifying of new hardware, configurations and services prior to deployment to the Company Network. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
The Technology, Product, Experience (TPX) organization works at the intersection of media and technology and our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products and next-generation technologies that transform the customer experience. The Comcast Network and CONNECTivity (CONNECT) organization is a highly agile, fast-paced, dedicated group at the forefront of change focused on innovating, building, and operating the best in class, most reliable access network for our customers.About the Role:
Responsible for supporting the Business Services National engineering team in managing the deployment of critical infrastructure from order submission through installation. Range of activities include managing cross connects and other collocation assets for the company as well as working with vendors, sales engineering, design teams, construction, network engineering, field operations, installation teams and the external customer during the implementation of assigned projects and deployment execution. Required expertise in providing first line customer support regarding information contained in each sales order, communicating with internal departments to ensure order accuracy and management of escalations, in addition to working with vendors and relevant teams to establish and achieve goals.What You'll Do:
- Serves as the technical subject matter expert for all Edge Gateway client sites - supporting multi-location customers with multiple services at each location by managing the installation of hardware to support turn-up of customer’s services
- Establishes and manages to dates required for on time completion of network and/or product activations and evaluates impact of change to the overall installation timeline.
- Identifies and escalates risks, issues, and gaps that could impact timelines, goals, and installation of network and/or services; develops, triggers, and manages mitigation plans for installation of services.
- Prioritizes and drives cross-functional activities as related to the installations being managed, and develops and manages communications, summary reports, and status for various audiences; provides accurate installation status information in the form of formal briefings, program/project coordination meetings, and written/graphical reports.
- Collaborates with various levels of sales, operations, engineering, project management, and other functional groups to ensure orders flow appropriately and accurately through completion.
- Reviews sales contracts and validates services with customers to ensure accuracy of product orders.
- Handles all aspects (submission, renewal, revocation) in the processing of letters of authorization (LOAs) to provision data center cross connects
- Consistently meets organizational scorecard, productivity and quality metrics.
- May support the delivery of standard product offerings or MACDs (i.e., moves, adds, changes and disconnects).
- Demonstrates ability to maintain effective customer, business, and field relationships. Demonstrates ability to manage conflicts and collaborate cross-functionally.
- Understands construction dependencies including fiber builds, structured cabling, permit dependencies, and right of entry.
- Demonstrates ability to make decisions, negotiate, and solve problems.
- Acts as a single point of contact for customer initiatives and escalations during the order management lifecycle.
- Understands data services and solutions including dynamic routing (e.g., Border Gateway Protocol), static routing, and IP address allocation.
- Balances competing priorities, maintains consistent attention to detail, and adapts quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Able to manage orders that require technical knowledge.
- College or technical training a plus
We are determined to create an environment where our employees feel valued, understand our business goals, and are motivated.
Here's a look at just some of the perks and benefits we make available to our US-based employees:
- Medical & Dental
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Generous paid time off
- Life Milestones - from adoption assistance, childcare resources, pet insurance, and more, Comcast supports you at all life stages.
- Courtesy Services - We offer all of our full-time employees in serviceable areas free digital TV and internet.
- Discount tickets for Universal Resorts, including theme park tickets and onsite hotel rooms.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.Disclaimer:
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.