Vice President, Network Engineering
Job SummaryReporting to the EVP, Chief Network Ofﬁcer, this Head of Network Engineering will assess, guide, and support the daily engineering and operations of the company’s Core network as well as the deployment of next generation IP core and optical transport networks with a focus on automation and capital efﬁciency.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- This leader will build a network of the future, including low-latency, software deﬁned technologies for a broad set of customers.
- S/he will operate as a change agent with a focus on developing strategic goals for reliability and converged connectivity, suggesting new approaches to drive competitive cost positioning and network innovation as well as break down barriers across the organization to drive innovation.
- S/he will create a customer focused culture, set the vision and goals for the market, and collaborate across the organization to ensure internal and external constituent needs are met.
- Administer and develop network policies, as well as proactive management of security and network systems that protect corporate data.
- Ensure that the network infrastructure meets 24x7 operational requirements, provide appropriate and timely disaster recovery, and ensure business continuity.
- This role would also work with our corporate sustainability team to accomplish our company goals for carbon emission impacts.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of:
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of:
- Reducing costs of growth and operation of the network through the application of disruptive technology such as software and hardware disaggregation, automation of deployment and operations, and adoption of SDN.
- Reducing outages and MTTR through the use of automated monitoring of vast amounts of telemetry that drives a self-healing network.
- Leading a team through the adoption of new tools and techniques to design and operate the network such as Segment Routing-Trafﬁc Engineering.
- Strategic, long term planning of large capital and operational spend by working with Cloud and CDN providers to strategically place assets to reduce costs of interconnection and improve latency for subscribers.
- Developing a long term vendor strategy and negotiating contracts for routing, and optical transport hardware and software.
- Developing leadership and talent pipelines. Organizing and managing a team of several hundred people distributed throughout the world, and operating a world class 24x7 operations.
- 15 years+ of experience leading complex technical teams and delivering network technology at scale.
- Strong, proven experience with networking engineering, core network infrastructure and operations, datacenter engineering, network virtualization and architecture, and distributed systems.
- Strong working knowledge of network engineering on an IP backbone including the routing protocols, Data Centers, and Fiber Infrastructure.
- Direct experience building nationwide broadband networks greater than one million locations annually.
- Existing network of industry and vendor relationships, especially with senior strategy, network planning and product, and thought leaders.
- Ability to effectively evangelize new technologies internally and in the marketplace.
- Ability to deal with complexity and think strategically, as well as innovatively about a wide range of deals.
- Ability to think fast and move quickly to ﬁnd the right offerings that will meet partner needs.
- Understanding of the potential value and use cases regarding emerging technology and tools.
- Experience managing large teams and a dynamic environment.
- Proven experience applying available methodologies to improve performance and limit redundancy.
- Relentlessly positive and optimistic, yet balanced.
- High level of integrity, both personally and professionally; respectful of others. Leads by example.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
15 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.