Staff Accountant (R308457)
Job SummaryResponsible for following general instructions and with discretion as to work details, performs accounting tasks of a difficult nature requiring an experienced, professional knowledge of accounting principles and practices. Provides specialized or general analysis support in various accounting functions such as Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, General Accounting and the like. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge. The Staff Accountant, Cash & Accounts Receivable Accounting, will also be responsible for (a) daily research and matching processes in support of the month-end balance sheet account reconciliations; (b) identification and execution of process simplification, standardization, automation or other efficiency opportunities.
- Prepares, researches outstanding items, and completes Accounts Receivable reconciliations to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the General Ledger.
- Identifies and works to execute / implement process simplification, standardization, automation or other efficiency opportunities.
- Identifies opportunities for increasing the efficiency of our use of Oracle R/12 Cash Management.
- Takes ownership for update of process documentation for our key business processes.
- Proactive communication and follow up with field and headquarters personnel, regarding the timely resolution of outstanding cash reconciling items.
- Builds and maintains internal and external customer relationships.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment, with the ability to make quick decisions, based on experience and/or information provided.
- Interprets accounting data, analyzes reports, and recommends action to be taken.
- Establishes and maintains accounting records.
- Prepares and enters difficult journal entries ensuring they have proper back up to substantiate the entry, maintains complex ledgers, reconciles and analyzes specific account ledgers.
- Prepares workpapers and reconciliations for management review.
- Responsible for daily reconciliation of cash activity and customer payments in the General Ledger
- Ensures General Ledger accounts are accurately stated based on compiled reconciliation procedures and agreement with source documents.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.