Assistant Manager, Security Ops (R320389)
Job SummaryThis position will be responsible for supporting physical security operations at Comcast Cable HQ - West facilities. Security operations include, but are not limited to, access control, guard services management, process improvement, and to act as a subject matter expert on all security related matters. The ideal candidate will embrace innovation, diversity, and work effectively within a team environment. This position will be based in Denver, Colorado, area and report directly to the Manager, Security Operations – West. This is not a virtual work from home position.
- Helps to manage security operations, planning, directing, and organizing programs of multiple facilities.
- Supports guard operations and provides direct / daily supervision to the contract guard site supervisors / account manager(s).
- Develops and implements standard operating procedures for protecting personnel, property, facilities, and operations.
- Conducts physical security assessments, audits, surveys, and process reviews.
- Conducts root cause analysis of physical security issues and implements appropriate corrective measures.
- Identifies and sustains appropriate relationships in support of mission readiness.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on all security related matters and investigations.
- Assists in the development of site emergency action plans.
- Accountable for ensuring security programs and strategies are effectively implemented and maintained.
- Oversees the development of processes & procedures; focusing on maturing operations.
- Provide strategic direction and hands-on guidance that will enable personnel to effectively respond to all issues.
- Identify opportunities to improve program effectiveness.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all physical security applications (i.e., access control systems, video management systems, etc.).
- Support the Physical Security Technology team with construction and / or other physical security related projects.
- Creates, develops, and implements initiatives promoting employee engagement and awareness.
- Provides regular briefings, updates, and situational awareness reports to the Manager, Security Operations as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years Corporate Security experience.
- 3-5 years management experience.
- Demonstrated written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, and to efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
- Valid state driver license.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to work a variable schedule as necessary.
- Available 24/7 to respond to urgent security related matters.
- Up to 15% travel required.
- Superior written and spoken communication skills (clear, effective, and brief).
- Tech savvy with a demonstrated record to quickly learn new security / software programs and technologies.
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills, active listening skills.
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively and multi-task independently.
- Experience in a corporate security environment.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Pay Range: $69,572.77 - $104,359.16
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.