Engineer 5, RAN SME (R326911)
Job SummarySeeking a RAN Optimization, Architecture SME with10+ years’ experience. Prefer national or regional level experience with one of the tier 1 operators rather than market level.
- Understand vendor RAN software release features
- Act as liaison between optimization team and RAN vendor to resolve any issues
- Occasionally test specific features in field or lab setting to replicate issues and identify cause
- Provide guidance on optimization methodology from a national RAN perspective, when needed
- Provide guidance to RAN optimization and field trial teams in how to test specific features
- 5G SA experience and good understanding of the 3GPP.
- Vendor management experience.
- In-depth understanding of RAN vendor features, including SON features
- Experience with testing of RAN vendor features in a field test setting, checking feature-associated parameter settings
- Experience with Samsung RAN 5G SA features desired
- RAN optimization experience
- Good understanding of the CBRS band is a plus
Superb communication skills
Ability to extract scoping/feature requirements from non-technical teams
Analytical ability to sift through data and extract actionable next steps
Confidence to invent new efficient processes
Light software development skills are a plus
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.