Engineer 5, Core Subscriber Data Management (R326914)
Job SummaryAs part of Comcast 5G Core Architecture & Design Team, the Core A&D SME will join the team of passionate engineers with start-up spirit to test, deploy and debug Comcasts’s standalone 5G network. The candidate should bring innovation and strong execution skills to help architect, deploy & implement Comcast’s Mobile Data Networks.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
5G Core SME- (Subscriber Data Management) will be responsible for the introduction, solutioning, building high and low level designs, and identifying all related parameters, timers and configurations of:
Unified Data Repository (UDR);
Unified data management (UDM), Authentication Credential Repository and Processing Function (ARPF) and Subscriber Identity De-concealing Function (SIDF)
Hardware Security Module (HSM AuC).
Authentication Server Function (AUSF).
Home Subscriber Server (HSS).
Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (3GPP AAA) server.
that make up the Subscriber Data Management (SDM), which is part of the Standalone 5G Core (5GC).
The 5G Core SME-(SDM) will be also responsible for building the test cases procedures and objectives and overseeing the testing and validation of new software releases of the applications that make up the SDM at both a component-level and from an end-to-end perspective, and collaborating with the centralized Operations to drive the First Office Applications (FOAs) in the production network. And able to prepare 5G Core test strategy, test plan and test execution of new network uses cases.
Engages with vendor personnel regarding new services and features as well as upgrades.
Ensures that solutions adhere to defined standards and best practices and/or assist in the development of these standards and best practices.
Routinely researches, analyzes, tests, retests, and troubleshoots complex problems.
Participates in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing while staying abreast of new technology/technical areas.
A successful 5G Core SME-(SDM) will have the following:
Expertise with 3GPP and other relevant standards for mobile networks
Expert knowledge in 5G Subscriber Data Management (SDM) related technologies, platforms and procedures.
Expert knowledge in 5G subscriber authentication framework and 5G SIM keys management.
Expert knowledge in SDM provisioning solutions.
Expert knowledge in 5G SBA architecture, and Nudr interfaces.
Expert knowledge in 5G in LDAP based databases.
Expert knowledge in SDM systems geo redundancy, availability, resiliency and data replication and synchronization.
Core network protocols used for 5G Core and EPC Network
Plan and build test lab environments for functionality and performance testing.
Experience with Subscriber Policy framework elements (Ex: PCF)
Offline / Online Charging architectures (such as PCRF Gx and OCS Gy, interfaces)
AAA, RADIUS, Diameter, EAP-AKA, 5G-AKA, LTE, 5G. Experience using protocol communications test equipment and tools (protocol analyzers, LTE system simulators, analyzers and packet sniffers).
Exposure to commercial test simulators and test systems such as Spirent, Aeroflex, Tektronix
Strong knowledge of Wireshark or other IP protocol analyzer
Good IP knowledge and routing protocol, IPv4, IPv6, Dual-Stack, TCP/IP, UDP, VLAN, IPSec, NAT, IP forwarding
Good Knowledge in cloud native principles, virtualization, containerization, orchestration, Kubernetes, openstack, etc ..
Knowledge in Nokia Subscriber Data Layer (SDL), and other SDM elements is a great plus.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.