Tier 2 UCaaS Engineer (R327626)
Job SummaryResponsible for the designing, administrating and maintaining of the telephony infrastructure for Masergy. Designs, deploys and tests the network telephony infrastructure. Ensures network telephony performance and availability to meet enterprise objectives. Develops and defines network telephony standards, practices and processes. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Researches and assesses available network telephony technologies in relation to the Company's current and future needs.
- Keeps abreast of industry and technology trends, available products and services.
- Evaluates and recommends specific products and platforms to provide cost effective solutions that meet architectural requirements.
- Provides comprehensive network telephony designs (cost estimates, product recommendations, configurations and implementation plans) for capital and operating projects.
- Provides technical guidance to network telephony technical and support staff.
- Creates and maintains technical drawings and supporting documentation of the Company's network telephony infrastructure.
- Analyzes root causes to quickly recover from network telephony service interruption and to prevent recurring problems.
- Coordinates with outside vendors for the proper designing, monitoring, maintenance and configuration of network telephony infrastructure.
- Validates invoices and inventory, detects any discrepancy between usage patterns to carrier plans.
- Applies advanced engineering methodologies in one or more engineering areas. Contributes to development of new principles and concepts.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.