Comcast Cybersecurity: Principal Cloud Security Engineer (R328673)
Job SummaryYou will be responsible for the implementation and execution of security solutions supporting Comcast’s strategic cloud security vision for GCP and container technologies. You will work closely with cloud security architects and other security and non-security stakeholders to develop and implement technical vision and designs. Working closely with other security team-members you will partner with application teams to design cloud native solutions to remediate cloud security risks across multiple business units and improve the security of Comcast’s GCP and container-based operations. Additionally, you will assist Comcast by being a thought leader in the strategic technical leadership process across multiple programs that seek to improve and innovate cloud cyber security capabilities across all aspects of the Comcast brand.
- Partner with Ops and Product collaborators to craft cloud security risk reduction strategies.
- Build operational and engineering design documentation in support of cloud security initiatives.
- Design and automate cloud security remediation efforts working with application teams ensuring minimal impact on cloud operations.
- Is responsible for the researching, writing and editing of documentation and technical requirements, including software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and reports.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates driven applications and products. Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Craft and build re-usable scripts and user guides for applications teams to bring to bear in the reduction of cloud security risks.
- Develop and present metrics on risk reduction and initiative progress showing areas of improvement and identifying any potential issues to meeting team goals and delivery dates.
- Present and communicate sophisticated concepts to a variety of technical and non-technical collaborators.
- Acts as a technical contact and liaison for outside vendors and/or customers.
- Presents and defends architectural, design and technical choices to internal and external audiences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Assist with the rationalization of incumbent and new architectures and technical solutions.
- Facilitate the development of efficacy measures of cyber security programs to convey the overall security posture and maturity of the program.
- Specify, develop, and conduct security resilience testing and process assessments.
- Mentor other specialists and guide other organizations on GCP and container specific technologies and security constructs.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What you should possess:
- Advanced Degree in Information Sciences Technology, Cyber Security, or Computer Engineering preferred.
- Must have at least 8 years of hands-on experience securing GCP cloud platform being responsible for the security of multiple cloud accounts for end customers.
- Relevant cyber security certifications such as from Google, CISSP, CISM, CISA, CCSP, GIAC are helpful.
- Must have broad technical knowledge of all common security domains.
- Must have confirmed hands-on experience automating cloud security using modern programming languages on GCP.
- Must have experience implementing and assessing least privilege security controls in GCP and containers.
- Must have extensive hands-on experience operating with GCP security services, APIs, and reports.
- Must have a deep knowledge of GCP infrastructure controls and monitoring.
- Must have experience working in a multi-account, multi-user GCP environment.
- Must have a deep knowledge of industry container and container orchestration solutions.
- Must have experience developing security controls around container technology.
- Must have proven hands-on experience using SecDevOps methods to build cloud infrastructure controls and monitoring.
- Possess a deep knowledge of governance, compliance, risk management and audit control systems and functions as applied to GCP.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight, completing objectives on time.
- Proficient knowledge of NIST, GDPR, PCI, SOX and other cyber security standards.
- Must be self-motivated to seek out, identify, and plan work around areas of improvement which meet interpersonal strategic vision and goals.
- Understanding of Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA and REST), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS).
- Experience with Python and modern development tools: Git, JIRA, etc.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Lead the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new insights.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Get results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been crafted to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not crafted to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.