Sr. Researcher, Machine Learning (R327863)
Job SummaryIn the Personalization and Content Discovery team, we work on cutting-edge research in AI and machine learning to re-invent the customer experience. Using the large amount of data available to us, we build machine learning models that can help our customers find the content they love. Our team is responsible for building machine learning models for recommendation, personalization, ranking, search, and information retrieval. We also work on the intersection of these areas to build a unique experience for our customers. As a key member of our team, you will be using your expertise in Machine Learning, NLP, or Information Retrieval to tackle exciting problems such as: addressing fairness and bias in recommendation systems, using reinforcement learning to optimize long-term engagement metrics, using transformer models in recommendation systems, building multimodal models, developing learning to rank algorithms, etc.
- Implements, refines and validates machine learning algorithms for products and applications.
- Takes action on existing specifications of designs and develops data pipelines consisting of data ingest, data validation, data cleaning and data monitoring.
- Trains machine learning models, validates the accuracy of the machine learning models once trained and deploys validated machine learning models into production.
- Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements, including evaluation plans, confluence pages, white papers, presentations, test results, technical manuals, formal recommendations and reports. Contributes to the company by creating patents, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and other intellectual property.
- Tests and evaluates solutions presented to the Company by various internal and external partners and vendors. Completes case studies, testing and reporting.
- Designs proof of concept solutions and contributes to studies to support future product or application development.
- Collaborates with teams outside of immediate work group. Represents the work team in providing solutions to technical issues associated with assigned projects.
- Provides guidance and leadership to more junior engineers.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- PhD/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field.
- Strong background in machine learning.
- Experience with recommendation systems is a plus, but not required.
- Strong coding and software development skills.
- Experience with at least one of the Deep Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch is preferred.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.