Chiquita Canyon Landfill, a Waste Connections company, is looking for a Shop Laborer to join the team in Castaic, CA!
Waste Connections has many stable opportunities for qualified and motivated individuals who want to be part of a dynamic organization. We provide competitive benefits and lots of room for individual growth as the company expands. Because we operate with a highly decentralized structure, we look for individuals who are energetic and have individual initiative and creativity. Join us and be a part of a winning team!
The pay will be $19.57/hour to start. We also offer great family benefits, a generous 401k match, paid vacation, etc.
The schedule will be Monday to Saturday most weeks (Monday to Friday sometimes) 5am-3pm with additional required overtime as needed.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate and OSHA standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks and work as a team.
- Assist with daily preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Keep shop clean, empty trash, sweep floors, and deep clean work areas as needed.
- Keep tire storage area clean, organized.
- Assist mechanics with other tasks as needed.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
- At least 1 year of mechanical experience.
- The ability to stand outside throughout the shift
- Ability and will to work in all weather conditions
- Must pass drug screen and pre-employment background check.
- Clean driving record
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at [Register to View] . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)