Tax Director (11694)
You may not notice United Site Services, but we are always there - at construction sites, industrial facilities and live events all across America. We take pride in providing essential services like portable restrooms, portable sinks, temporary fence and more for customers across 25 states. Join a company that makes a difference in communities across the country while providing for yourself and your family.
The Director of Tax directs and oversees activities of the organization's tax function and establishes and implements the organization's corporate tax strategy. This role is responsible for managing multiple tax engagements, providing high-quality support and deliverables, and assists in the coordination and preparation of compliance requirements in the tax area. The Director of Tax is expected to develop and implement new processes to support the efficient preparation of the tax provisions, the creation of new controls, and the development of approaches to effectively forecast future anticipated effective tax rates.
• Prepare internal and external ASC 740 financial tax reporting with accompanying disclosures
• Develop and implement strategies for minimizing organizational tax liability and ensuring compliance with tax code changes
• Facilitate, manage and review all corporation Federal and State/Local income and other direct/indirect tax returns prepared by external service providers
• Direct the review and submission of tax related documents or filings, which may include federal, state, or local returns, declarations, or extensions
• Review and approve tax planning reports including the organization's tax obligations and payments
• Participate in the audit process as needed
• Prepare and review documentation managing overall process regarding IRS and state audits
• Oversee the work of external tax consultants or auditors
• Perform due diligence and evaluate tax impact of acquisitions and/or reorganizations related to strategic planning initiatives
• Supervise, mentor and support Tax Department members regarding indirect tax compliance
• Complete special projects on an ad-hoc basis while evaluating and coordinating with external tax advisors, if necessary
• Provide tax advice and innovative tax planning strategies to all operational levels
• Respond to inquiries from various tax jurisdictions
• Maintain internal control procedures with accompanying documentation
• Lead Tax Department in knowledge of software, processes and workflows
• Perform other duties as assigned
This position has supervisory responsibilities over the tax function.
4 Year / Bachelors Degree
in Business or Accounting, a master's in business administration is preferred.
CPA and/or MST
Minimum Years of Experience
Maximum Years of Experience
experience in public accounting and/or corporate tax area equivalent in private industry. ASC 740 experience and preparation of accompanying disclosures required.
Experience in OneSource tax provision software implementation/utilization a plus
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Monitor, research and analyze impact of tax law developments on a timely basis
• Strong financial competence, business acumen, critical thinking proficiency, and communication skills with a self-starter mentality
• Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization
• Project management skills
• Ability to develop and mentor others
• Analytical thinking skills & statistical knowledge
• Detail oriented & ability to meet deadlines
• The Company’s Headquarters operates in a virtual remote office environment. This position requires limited travel to Headquarters for in person meetings and other seamless collaboration
Sit while answering phones or reply to emails
Use hands and fingers to handle, control or feel objects tools or controls
Repeat the same movements when entering data
See details of objects that are less than a few feet away
Speak clearly so listeners can understand
Understand the speech of another person
Focus on one source of sound and ignore others
Hear sounds and recognize the difference between them
See differences between colors, shades and brightness
United Site Services is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation , gender identity , age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and co-workers.