Plant Maintenance Supervisor
Why work for Waste Management? The Value of a WM Job is more than a paycheck.
We are Committed to your Growth: 100% tuition paid for you and your family
We are People First: We foster an environment where all teammates feel welcomed, valued and seen
We are Stable: Our employees are home every day and perform essential and meaningful work
We are Investing in You: Amazing Medical, Dental & Vision, 401k with match, Discounted Stock options, Dependent Day Care, and more!
About the Job
Plans, directs and controls the efforts of the Maintenance Department to maintain plant equipment and facilities commensurate with good engineering practices.
What You'll be doing
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Manages the preventive maintenance program and maintenance of equipment and facilities.
- Develops, maintains and administers an organization qualified to maintain all equipment and facilities in a safe and efficient working condition. Executes an effective preventive maintenance program to minimize unscheduled down time.
- Maintains all operating equipment in satisfactory condition. Schedules needed repair to have minimum interference.
- Consults with other departments regarding desirable modifications of existing equipment and facilities and the possible replacement of existing equipment which will improve operations and reduce maintenance costs.
- May coordinates the efficient operation of facilities with project engineers.
- Coordinates and oversees the efficient maintenance of all plant transportation equipment.
- Analyzes cost studies equipment in the department designed to secure reduced operating costs. Makes recommendations thereon to the Plant Manager.
- Develops objectives and standards of performance for projects within the Maintenance Department required to meet departmental, divisional and corporate goals and objectives.
- Plans and provides for an adequate supply and ensures control over spare parts and maintenance supplies.
- Provides leadership and maintenance training to MRF Maintenance Technicians
- Ensures Preventative inspections and Corrective repairs meet or exceed the company standards
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct/Indirect supervision of full-time employees, including: Plant Maintenance Technicians
What does it take to be a Plant Maintenance Supervisor with WM?
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D. (accredited)
- Experience: Four (4) years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement)
- Maintenance and repairs skills, and supervisory experience may be required.
- Must be willing to work as necessary (including weekends) to ensure the highest level of confidence of system operational availability
About our Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
About Waste Management
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”