Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Get your degree for free with WM’s new education benefit: Your Tomorrow. If you’re a benefits-eligible team member, WM will pay 100% of your tuition up front for 135+ business, technology, science and mathematics bachelor’s degrees - plus professional certificates. WM will also pay 100% of your tuition for high school completion and college prep programs. If you’re interested in earning a graduate degree, WM will even contribute up to $12,000/year for 40+ master’s programs that often covers the entire program cost! Books and any required fees for courses are also 100% reimbursable.
Additionally, your dependents will be able to start exploring programs and classes in 2022. Get started today at WM.guildeducation.com!
Note: While this benefit is currently only available to our U.S.-based team members, we’re reviewing solutions to offer our Canadian team members in 2022.
HAPPY PEOPLE MAKE HAPPY CUSTOMERS
I. Job Summary
Communicates back and forth with Waste Management Drivers to assist with problem resolution while on route for residential, commercial and roll-off lines of business. Handles incoming service orders, directs drivers, and resolves service issues. Interacts with customers that includes Waste Management customer service, sales, and operational staff (i.e. Route Managers, Mechanics etc.). Uses Waste Management proprietary software to manage same day ticket routing as well as preparing all routes for the next day. Shifts vary with the potential for overtime and Saturday hours depending on each Market area dispatch center needs. Some travel (up to 15%) may be required to work face to face with sites dispatcher is responsible for.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Dispatches drivers to calls as they are received, using information on customer needs, drivers’ locations and loads, and daily factors to balance cost and customer satisfaction.
- Works with sites and the service department to optimize routes based on needs of the customer.
- Determines the daily level of driver staffing to provide best mix of responsiveness and productivity.
- Assigns routes and service tickets to appropriate drivers throughout the day and for the next day; manages and determines route actions and assuring route completion.
- Handles fields incoming calls and e-mails from customer service and sales department; manages requests for all pick-up or delivery on any container movement within the Market area.
- Initiates communication to customers while drivers are on-site/location, resolving pick-up and other issues delaying the service.
- Troubleshoots and resolves potential delivery and pick-up problems before they result in service issues.
- Ensures same-day service on missed pick-ups by managing the routing for all routes and tracking driver movement in the field.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D (accredited).
- Experience: Six (6) months of relevant work experience with working in a team setting, with the ability to communicate to several areas effectively. Multi-tasking in a fast-paced work environment with excellent organizational skills.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Computer skills with ability to handle multiple programs and systems.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally via e-mail, telephone, and 2-way devices.
- Must have the desire and ability to learn Waste Management proprietary software applications.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than __ pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At WM, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”