Heavy Equipment Mechanic - $5000 Stay-On Bonus
We have an immediate position available for an experienced Heavy Diesel Mechanic to support our Recycling, Composting and Disposal sites located in Lacey, Washington. Heavy Diesel Mechanics interested in secure, steady employment are encouraged to apply. This is a Monday - Friday from 2pm - 10:30pm second shift position but must be open to working occasional Saturdays. Pay rate is DOE with regular wage increases.
$5000 Stay-On Bonus Offered + $125 Monthly Tool Voucher
Why Join Us?
• CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
• RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services on a variety of off road and stationary equipment.
- Conducts safety checks and periodic inspections on vehicles and equipment.
- Reviews, trouble shoots and completes repairs identified on Operator Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Performs maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in heavy equipment maintenance and repair.
- Self-started and motivated; ability to work successful independently
- Knowledge of yellow iron/Heavy Equipment is required.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs
- Own and provide personal tools.
- Proficiency in vehicle and equipment diagnosis and repair.
- Ability to read and comprehend service and technical information.
- Able to MIG weld and use oxy-acetylene cutting torch
- Able to work from a service truck, outside, year round in various weather conditions.
- Perform some facility maintenance work as needed. At times utilizing scissor lifts / aerial lifts
- High School or GED is required.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at [Register to View] Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)