Customer Service/Sales Representative (R-47919)
PSI Environmental, a Waste Connections company, is looking for a Customer Service/Sales Representative for our Idaho Falls, Idaho location. This position is very similar to a call center type position where you will work Monday-Friday from 8 am to 5 pm handling inbound calls from our customers.
This is a call center position in an office environment, handling about 60 calls a day from our customers. Typical calls are to set up service, billing questions, customers paying their bill over the phone, and complaint calls. The ideal candidate will have great customer service skills, strong computer skills, and will be prepared to be at their desk on their phone the majority of their 8 hour shift. Our office has a very casual, fast paced, fun atmosphere.
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) fields calls from Customers and works to resolve problems they raise concerning service or billing. A successful CSR must understand the Waste Connections business, so they can resolve various types of customer issues. Customer Service Representatives must show empathy or sensitivity to the customer regarding the issue at hand.
CSR Job Responsibilities:
- Work in conjunction with other departments to resolve customer disputes & demonstrate the ability to become proficient in the use of proprietary operational systems.
Interact with New or Existing customers over the phone, and record information in the computer for customer service billing or Product Information.
- Chat with customers by phone to turn on, discontinue, or change in service.
Fills out contract forms, determines charges for service requested, collects deposits, prepares change of address records and issues discontinuance orders.
Demonstrate effective use of software applications, at a minimum MS Word and Excel proficient.
Delivers services to customers in a manner that promotes goodwill.
- Interacts with customers and Waste Connections employees to determine service requirements and resolve problems or complaints in a courteous manner.
Work in a fast paced, cooperative, high call volume environment with high attention to detail, while interacting with Customers over the phone.
Engage or Assist with sales for new or existing additional services.
- Help with Prorating Customers accounts based on Account Services
Assist in other areas as needed
Sales Job Responsibilities:
- Supporting territory sales representatives in selling waste and recycling removal services.
- Supporting existing accounts and ensuring retention of accounts.
- Coordinating inbound calls and emails and forwarding onto the appropriate territory representative.
- Gathering contract expiration dates, documenting existing customer concerns and working with other departments to satisfy customer requests for service
- Must have very strong customer service skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office – Specifically Excel
- Strong computer skills
- 1 year of experience handling heavy call volumes a plus
- Ability to type at least 40 wpm and 10 key by touch.
- Very detail oriented, especially when it comes to data entry
What You Get:
- Mileage reimbursement
- Commission/Bonus plans
- Hourly base pay
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)