KAHUT, A Waste Connections Company, has an immediate opening for a Diesel Fleet Mechanic to work on our Garbage Trucks in Clackamas, Oregon.
Mechanics interested in secure, steady employment are encouraged to apply. Commercial Driver’s license A or B CDL is preferred but not required. Or the ability to obtain one within 90 days of employment with on the Job CDL training. Mechanic Tools and Tool Box required, Shop also has Tools onsite to use.
The shift for this position will be Monday-Friday, 12 PM - 9 PM, Overtime Often. Starting Wage is $33.00-34.00/HR DOE.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, pharmacy coverage, dependent care and health care flexible spending accounts, long term & short term disability, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time-off, sick time-off, 401K retirement plan, and an employee share purchase program. Plus unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services. Performs inspections, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Performs maintenance related work as required.
- Performing service calls for emergency breakdowns
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 1+ years’ experience in heavy truck equipment maintenance and repair; or completion of accredited vocational technical school program.
- CDL preferred but not required at time of Hire.
- Provide personal tools.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Must provide own personal tools. Welding/fabrication experience a huge plus!
What we offer to you:
- Yearly Safety Bonuses up to $1,750!
- Yearly Boot allowances of up to $300.00 a year
- Competitive compensation
- Performance-based career growth potential
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at [Register to View] target="_blank">www.wasteconnections.com. Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)