CDL Truck Driver -Commercial Route (22007705)
Why Drive for WM?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT.Industry Leading Benefits ¦Home Every Day ¦Stability¦Additional Perks Join us and, together, we’ll work proud for our communities. Hiring today, for tomorrow. Start Pay Range: $24.25 to $31.50 per hour, based on experience Sign-On Bonus: $5,000
About the Job As a Commercial Driver, you'll operate heavy-duty trucks with front or rear end load lift attachment. You'll be responsible for providing the pick-up service of containers filled with waste or recyclable material. Containers may weigh in excess of 1,000 pounds and, at times, require you to maneuver wheeled containers to a pick-up stage area. You'll transport the material to a disposal, transfer or recycle facility when your truck has reached the legal load capacity. Safe driving is crucial as you'll maneuver your truck in high traffic / congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots. Your high level of skill with backing maneuvers is essential to being successful as a commercial driver. [Register to View] style=" text-decoration:underline" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"> to take a glimpse into the day-to-day of a WM Driver What Does It Take to be a Driver at WM? Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit for this job.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Driver's License with an air-brake endorsement.
- 1 year of experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last 7 years.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Operate truck in accordance with WM Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Pre- and post-trip inspections of your truck and document checks using the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report).
- Immediately report all unsafe situations or service-related issues to your Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attend and participate in training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by WM or directed by your Route Manager.
- Communicate customer requests to your Dispatch or Route Manager.
- Completely dump all receptacles and leave the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
- Follow your route assignments and completes end of day documentation / check out process.
- Perform duties as scheduled by your Route Manager or Dispatch and assist other drivers to meet customer needs.