Diesel Mechanic (R-48491)
Bay Disposal has an immediate opening for an Diesel Mechanic to work at our hauling site in Powells Point, NC.
As a key member of our automotive maintenance technicians team, your work as a Diesel Mechanic will focus on the overall maintenance of equipment used by our company in the transportation and handling of vehicles. This will involve, inspecting, diagnosing, and repairing electrical, hydraulics, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
*****$3,000 Stay On Bonus*****
- Initiating or assigning repairs by utilizing vehicle computer electronic systems to interpret failure modes
- Completing required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times
- Reviewing, completing, or assigning repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports
- Conducting safety checks on vehicles and equipment
- Performing service calls for emergency breakdowns
- Maintaining a clean, safe work environment in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards
- Valid Class B CDL license with air brake endorsement; or ability to obtain in the future
- Minimum 1 year of proven experience in the field
- Willingness to submit to and pass background check and pre-employment drug screening test
- Ability to work an average of 45 hours a week
- Schedule flexibility to work Monday-Friday and rotating Saturdays
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Strenuous physical work, to include heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling
- Ability to adapt to a wide variety of environments to complete work assignments
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to maintain and supply own personal tools needed to perform essential duties
- Welding/fabrication experience, a major plus
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive pay
- Excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, and 401K retirement.
- Garbage is very stable and we work year round!
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)