Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
I. Job Summary
Develops and implements training for drivers, and performs assessments to ensure adherence to driving standards.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Trains and coaches new and existing drivers on use of applicable tools, equipment, and in fundamental routing practices; transfers expertise to drivers.
- Develops and delivers training to new and existing drivers on OSHA, DOT, and Waste Management policies and driving standards.
- Trains and coaches the High Risk Employees / Repeaters Plan, ensuring aggressive, constructive intervention with employees immediately following first safety incident.
- Re-trains after accidents, near misses, and/or negative observations.
- Schedules and conducts Observation Behavior Assessments (OBA’s) to evaluate driver knowledge, operating behaviors, and compliance with federal regulations.
- Follows-up observations with constructive coaching and retraining when deficiencies are observed.
- Conducts employee interviewing, testing, hiring and evaluation. Plans and conducts new employee orientation.
- Investigates, reviews and controls implementation of safety regulations and company policies and procedure and monitors for compliance.
- Assists investigations of accidents and emergency spills.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited)
- Experience: 4 years of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- CDL (Commercial Drivers License).
- The CDL is a requirement, therefore, an applicant must be 21 years of age.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Driving experience, driver training, and safety training may be required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is office setting and/or on-route.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”