Seasonal Driver (R-49247)
We are looking for asafety conscious seasonal CDL Driverto join the team at Groot sitelocated inElk Grove Village, IL.
In this position you will be operating a garbage truck on a specified route. Experience preferred but not required. Training can last 2-4 weeks approximately.
Please note: This is a very physical job working outside in all weather conditions.
Schedule is Monday-Friday day shift with occasional Saturdays. This is a union position with benefits provided by the union. Pay rate starts as $20.00 per hour and is negotiable based on experience (industry specific). Increases every 6 months until top scale is made. The season runs until December and the new season begins the following April.
- In this position you will be operating a garbage truck on a specified route.
- This is a position requiring regular heavy lifting and climbing in and out of the truck.
- This position will be responsible for safely, efficiently, and courteously serving customers.
- This is a full time, seasonal position. A typical schedule for this position is Monday – Friday with occasional Saturdays as needed, approximately 45-55 hour work week.
- Valid Class A or B CDL w/ air brake endorsement
- Clean driving record
- Have 1 year of work experience as well as a stable work history, preferably in a driver position.
- Able to lift 50+ pounds.
- Able and willing to work outside in all weather conditions.
Apply todayat www.WasteConnections.com
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)