Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Pay Range: $16.50 - $25+/hour Depending on Experience
Join us for our on-site hiring event!
Thursday Sept. 29th
10am – 4pm
204 Merrimac St.
Woburn, MA 01801
Apply today to secure your spot!
What is the value of a WM job?
The value of a WM job is more than a paycheck. It’s a way to create opportunities for you and your family.
We Are Stable: Our WM team is home every day, and our team members perform essential and meaningful work.
We Are Committed to Growth: 100% tuition paid for benefits eligible employees and their family, and established career progression.
We Are Investing in You: Amazing Medical, Dental & Vision, 401K with match, discounted stock options, dependent day care, and more!
Who are we? #WeAreWM
Ready to roll with us? Click Apply to join the Waste Management team today.
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Under general supervision, applies appropriate welds to fabricate or repair compactors, containers and carts.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
- Performs minor repairs and applies basic welding processes.
- Repairs compactors, containers and carts.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections, diagnostic and repair of electrical and hydraulic systems on compactors.
- Qualified in the welding processes such as arc welding, gas welding, aluminum welding, brazing, and soft soldering on a variety of materials.
- Conducts safety checks on compactors and containers.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing compactors and containers, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior welders in the completion of project work.
- Performs service calls for compactor repair.
- Performs related work such as flame cutting, bending, forming, beveling, notching of metal and plastic parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Works from prints, drawings and verbal instructions.
- Performs standard layouts and set-ups of dimensions and tolerances.
- Utilizes standard shop hand tools, measuring devices and equipment.
- Performs other maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: 2 years of relevant experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Required: Valid driver’s license.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Basic skills in welding techniques; knowledge of safety procedures and practices necessary while operating or repairing compactors, containers and carts; skill in operating tools equipment, parts and procedures utilized during the repair and servicing of compactors, containers and carts; skill in repair of special purpose equipment; ability to perform repairs on a variety of compactors, containers and carts; and ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program may be required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than __ pounds occasionally;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”