Real Estate Transaction Specialist
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
I. Job Summary
This role is responsible for supporting for the WM Real Estate team with all aspects of real estate transactions, including purchases, sales, leases, easements, and real estate tax issues. In addition, assist with acquisition due diligence, property ownership inquiries, and special projects. Interact and coordinate with purchasers/sellers, landlords, tenants, service providers, attorneys, escrow and title companies, accounting, legal, and area operations teams.II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Track and report real property activity, including properties sold, pending sale, listed for sale, new/renewed leases, terminated leases, and easements.
- Update real estate databases to reflect transaction activity and ensure real estate tax obligations are appropriately managed.
- Monitor lease and purchase/sale agreements key dates and prepare and follow up on Critical Date Notices for Real Estate Directors and Market Area management.
- Coordinate transaction closings and conveyance documents including preparation of internal notifications of purchase/sale and lease transactions.
- Ensure transactions are executed within compliance of the Authorization Matrix and documented appropriately for Sarbanes-Oxley and Internal Controls testing.
- Prepare funding requests for purchase transactions including approval documentation, closing statements, verify tax prorations, etc.
- Troubleshoot and resolve inquiries and requests from internal and external clients.
- Assist with acquisition due diligence: Zoning compliance, title review, survey, environmental evaluation analysis, lease review, and asset valuation.
- Assist with title research, resolutions of liens, redemption of taxes, consolidation or subdivision of land and grants of easements.
- Research ownership, lien status, zoning, permits for business acquisitions and divestitures.
- Provide assistance with project management, abstracts of acquired property for database, liason for corporate authority and proof of corporate succession.
- Assist with management of the residential, agricultural, and solar lease portfolio. Coordinate repairs, enforce rent collection, and assist with lease documentation.
- Review lease documents for required insurance provisions and obtain Certificates of Insurance.
- Special projects in support of real estate service offerings.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited)
Experience: 5 years in commercial real estate or similar corporate experience (in addition to education requirement)
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of corporate/commercial real estate terminology
- Strong communication, organization, and prioritization skills
- Independent self-starter and problem solver
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."