- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services and repairs
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Test drive trucks after services and repairs
- Ability to effectively communicate and understand service schedule and/or repairs
- Perform some welding
- Available to help mechanic with repairs as needed
- General shop cleaning responsibilities
- Equipment safety checks
- Maintain and track service inventory
- Communicate with drivers for issues in morning and afternoon
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
Qualified candidate must have:
- 1+ years’ experience in heavy truck equipment maintenance and repair or completion of accredited vocational technical school.
- Basic tool set, tool box and proper personal safety equipment as required
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn test diagnostic laptop and software
- Class B CDL or ability to obtain within 90 days of start of position
- Welding experience a plus
- Minimum of a High School diploma or GED
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)